Didn't understand what happened?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Didn't understand what happened?

Postby noindyfikator » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:23 am

Previous world i died jumping from a clif into a deep water and got stuck, couldn't move and i was so panicked to turn on swimming.. My character was much better than yours and i am still playing, death is normal there. I know a person on this world who got killed 2 times and died one time to a mammoth and is still playing kek
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby friendlinzh » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:56 am

you know this is a pvp game.The developers have already done a lot to keep beginners safe.
friendlinzh

Postby kill5link » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:14 pm

AlexNT wrote:I have no idea why some game developers are so fascinated with recreating sociopath-fostering environments.

Because it gives ultimate freedom. As close to realism as is needed.
There are gazillion other sandbox games that strip you from this freedom and it is tiring and boring.
You will play games like Farmville, Stardew Valley, Minecraft, Space Engineers etc. for a while. These games have their place.
But eventually you will get bored of the ever-repeating dull mechanics that spoon-feed and babysit you as player throughout the game.

You can peacefully farmville through this game too. But you can't herp and derp like in farmville without consequences.
It sucks to die as newbie because you'll likely not even have gotten to figure out at that point how to efficiently progress, so restarting will be similarly slow.

But imo you called this upon yourself. What happened to your character is exactly what separates this game from other games.
You were lazy, overconfident and didn't compare the risks you took vs what you gain from your actions. In short, you were being naive.
The game punished you for that. That is good game design.
And the best part about it is that the human element even plays into it. The attackers didn't have to kill you. You merely opened them the door to do so (your fault).
It was up to them to decide what to hand out to you for this good-willed aka simple-minded behavior of yours (a choice that you handed to them).
kill5link

Postby jacob232 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:17 pm

why does everyone keep 'complaining' about the wiki lately? I still use it almost daily. sure some of the things are older info or new items haven't been added yet...…. but when you can remember how a skill works or stuff like that between the forum and RoB………...oh wait I just realized...…..some people might still be going to the fandom page instead of RoB?
so this one time at band camp.............
jacob232

Postby xleviatanx » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:41 pm

Bro you can specialize in die XD
As a noob i can tell you, git gud fast.
Palisade quicly, dont act stupid if you can't deal with the consequences..

Make friends, start being a slave. have alts for commerce. always have a char doing nothing but earning exp in case you need to start from zero.
xleviatanx

Postby xleviatanx » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:59 pm

I forget.
Russians are loving caring people. hug em all. don't be scared
xleviatanx

Postby meusb » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:44 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of permadeath survival crafting open world trading pvp mmorpg.
Played HnH for like 10 years, got killed once by a boar while AFK and once by a player while swimming in a river. It happens.
Nia wrote:Like, sit at base and never talk to anyone?

What 90% of playerbase does. Custom clients have auto-hearth on sight of unknown players.
meusb

Postby Roxaereon » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:29 am

Make sure that every tile inside your walls are claimed, and that the only way they can get in is through a visitor gate.
World 10 - Villager - STK
World 11 - Lawspeaker - Krysaro
World 12 - Lawspeaker - Neimrahava
Roxaereon

Postby valeriesusanne » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:46 pm

In the first world I played several years ago, my character's name at the re-boot had an "X" at the end because that was how many times I died! I still remember my first death (pulling auroch hair, back when they were in herds and attacked you all at once) and my first time getting murdered - that was brutal! Last world, my last character was "Dumbass" (how far can a dugout go on the high seas? not far.) So far in this world I'm still using my very first spawn! (although I nearly just killed her accidentally with a nasty potion). For me the learning process is a lot of the enjoyment. I play as a hermit, so for me there is always going to be something new to learn (sometimes the hard way). I also never fight other players, even when attacked (just not coordinated enough!) My goal now that I've gotten the basics down is to see how many credos I can finish before the next re-boot! I think there's something for just about everyone here. :)
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

Postby WESKERBOY » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:16 pm

jacob232 wrote:why does everyone keep 'complaining' about the wiki lately? I still use it almost daily. sure some of the things are older info or new items haven't been added yet...…. but when you can remember how a skill works or stuff like that between the forum and RoB………...oh wait I just realized...…..some people might still be going to the fandom page instead of RoB?

X2

Also we can add info to wiki maybe that Will be a better answer. We should update the wiki not ve lazy and wait others to do so.
W5 hermit
W6 hermit
Dropout
1/2 w11 hermit other 1/2 citizen of Arkona
WESKERBOY

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?