Problem with Run game

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Problem with Run game

Postby Materkisz » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:52 am

Hello ;)
Any clients ender,amber ... will not launching with cmd :evil:
my bat have this code :
start javaw -Xss1024k -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -jar hafen.jar -U https://game.havenandhearth.com/hres/ game.havenandhearth.com
i launch run.bat show black window for 0,5 sec and close ... not launching hah ... Please Help
maybe powershell is a problem?
SYSTEM:
Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview
RAM: 16 GB
GRAPHICS CARD :
Intel UHD Graphics 630
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050
PROCESSOR:
Intel Core i5-8300H 2.30

Sorry for my bad English
Materkisz

Re: Problem with Run game

Postby Mario_Demorez » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:52 pm

Check java install. Make sure you have java 8. Also make sure you are using the right version. Such as 64bit vs 32bit. I’m not sure if one of those works while the other doesn’t but you have to make sure the client and the java install match. I use 64bit java 8 and it works fine.
Mario_Demorez

Postby Stoneface » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:29 pm

I would also chime in and make sure you don't have more than 1 single version of java installed... having multiple installs gave me a lot of problems when I was first starting years ago. Your computer specs seem decent, although your processor is somewhat slow.
Stoneface

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:54 am

Stoneface wrote:I would also chime in and make sure you don't have more than 1 single version of java installed... having multiple installs gave me a lot of problems when I was first starting years ago. Your computer specs seem decent, although your processor is somewhat slow.

The processor is more than fine. I'm running on a bargain CPU manufactured 10 years ago. Frame rates like to drop a lot in many scenes, but I don't have the complaints about it some people do.

I was hoping someone would see this that was more familiar with specific issues with Ender or Amber. I'm pretty sure that the "old client" (and modded clients) use the original URLs, and that the new client has a new set of resource URLs, though the server connection is the same for both.

Can you run the game using the "Play" button on the website? Can you launch it using the old client? http://game.havenandhearth.com/java/old-launcher.jar If yes to both, the issue is definitely with the modded clients running on your computer.

Try editing the .bat file and remove "start" from the beginning of the command line and see if that does anything different. Also, you could have a crash report on your computer that is called "hs_err_pid.log" typically where Java is installed.

Materkisz wrote:maybe powershell is a problem?

I've not stayed up on Windows technologies since XP more or less, so can't say what the difference is between PowerShell and the older command console other than some things used to be specific to one or the other in the past. Now it seems to be integrated together so that if it will run via cmd.exe, it should run in either.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to How do I?