Issues creating cordage.

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Issues creating cordage.

Postby DaBean1 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:12 am

Hello all,

Newbie here.
I am having trouble crafting cordage in game. I have both the required 2 bark and "buckets" of water (saltwater) but am unable to craft the item. Whenever I attempt to do so with items in my inventory I am told that I do not have what is required to create the item. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
DaBean1
DaBean1

Re: Issues creating cordage.

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:29 am

If you're using salt water from the ocean, it's probably the problem. Make sure you have the appropriate type of bark, too: http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Tough_Bark
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby DaBean1 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:47 pm

MagicManICT wrote:If you're using salt water from the ocean, it's probably the problem. Make sure you have the appropriate type of bark, too: http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Tough_Bark

Turns out the issue was the use of salt water instead of fresh water. Thanks for the help :D
DaBean1

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:20 am

There's a very few places where salt water works, and I couldn't recall if that was one of them. The recipe was added recently, and I just haven't had to use it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby vatas » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:13 am

Salt Water is specifically required for "Ant Paste" ( a medicine) and IIRC can be used like fresh water in Tanning.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Necrisha » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:19 pm

Bark cord recipe specifically wants plain water, like the taproot guildings- it won't take salt water.
Necrisha

Postby vatas » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:16 pm

Bark Cordage and Taproot Lacing would optimally require "any water." Same with any other non-food crafting recipes that require water that I'm failing to recall.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Return to How do I?