Hand bashing Personal claim

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Hand bashing Personal claim

Postby pkawol_7 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:03 pm

Hi,

If Wiki is correct, Personal Claims still have 15 soak and could be hand bashed.
Does it mean I can bash someone else's claim with a sledgehammer, if I have more than sqr(15+1-4)=144 strength?

Thanks
pkawol_7

Re: Hand bashing Personal claim

Postby vatas » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:02 pm

I'm under impression that active claim poles can NOT be hand-bashed.

You can use Wrecking Ball on active claim pole though.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:01 am

You can't hand bash them once they're dry -.
You can hand bash them with vandalism permissions, but without them you need a wrecking ball. I tested this before the world reset, character had over 700 str and a q100+ sledgehammer, q250+ pickaxe.
Last edited by Nightdawg on Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:31 am

Thanks for the update. I was trying to find it in patch notes, but my search fu sucks.

anyone confirm the soak of 15? I recall it being a good bit lower--10 from w7, and it's probably been that long since I've taken one down.

edit: added to the notes. Requested verification for the patch notes if anyone can recall or find it.

edit: yeah, my ability to google sucks... found a related thread, and thus the old patch notes: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=46796&hilit=claim+poles+soak--w10 prelude update.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:21 am

I don't know their soak value, but authority objects lose their soak if they have no authority, and Pclaims can be Wballed or rammed by a char with 10 str, so it's never really relevant.

also,
You can't hand bash them once they're dry (if you don't have the permission to do so)

You can't bash Pclaims you have perms to. It's the only authority object in the game where this is the case.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:20 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:You can't bash Pclaims you have perms to. It's the only authority object in the game where this is the case.

Right, I thought they worked like VClaims for some reason.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby pkawol_7 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:26 am

Thanks to you all!
pkawol_7

Return to How do I?