Opium ?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Opium ?

Postby Gustyboy » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:27 am

Hi,

I got my first poppy pod. Dried it on my herbalist table, grinded it with my quern. Got the Poppy grist and put it in the cauldron, fired up the cauldron. I check the cauldron several times. Last time I check, grist is at 93%. I come back some minutes later, nothing left in the cauldron, only water & fuel, but no more grist, no opium either.
What I did wrong ? What I missed ?

Thanks a lot !
Gustyboy

Re: Opium ?

Postby vatas » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:47 am

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Poppy_Grist

Jorb himself comments on the process; "You, indeed, get a ratio of 1:10 grist to opium. If you boil less than 0.1 grist, you simply get the corresponding random chance to get opium out of the deal. So 0.01 grist will give you 0.01 opium 10% of the time."
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Return to How do I?