Strength not enough for building a mine hole?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Strength not enough for building a mine hole?

Postby Vartro » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:10 pm

Hello guys,

I would like to ask you a question. I tried to build a mine hole within my base walls (on the surface level), and the game told me "the rock below is too hard for you to mine". It made sense to me, since the character has low strenght 30 and I was wearing a stone axe of quality 34.

Then I thought: ok, this probably goes like when mining, the combination of your strenght and the quality of your tool affects your 'mining ability' to build the mine hole, so I bought a high quality stone axe (237q) thinking that it would solve the problem. But then I got the same message.

So the question is: for building a mine hole over a hard rock node, only your strength is used? I checked I could build the mine hole in some other spots of my base and there was no problem, but I really liked the spot I designed for this mine hole since it has an ore vein node very close.

Thanks in advance for your help guys!
Vartro

Re: Strength not enough for building a mine hole?

Postby pkawol_7 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:33 pm

As far as I empirically know, it's only Strength that matters in mine hole building. Consider wearing cloth gilded for Strength, it's very easy to get +30 bonus (copper scales, hemp fiber finery etc).
pkawol_7

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:51 pm

If you can find copper and do a bit of hunting, a bear cape with copper scales and a bear tooth slotted into it will double your current strength, even at low q. Another helpful tip for raising strength: check out dried fish, spitroasted boars, and if you can kill them, dried cave angler.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Vartro » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:55 am

Thank you so much for the replies! I'll surely follow your advices!
Vartro

Return to How do I?