Can you make your own mountain?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Can you make your own mountain?

Postby LtTurtleshot » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:03 pm

Let's say I dig up a ton of stone and dirt and make a mountain by elevating the groun level to very high numbers. Will it start acting like a mountain? Spawning goats and what not?
LtTurtleshot

Re: Can you make your own mountain?

Postby shubla » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:33 pm

no
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Hasta » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:14 pm

A world or two back we theorised that if the biomes slowly regenerate themselves, should you make a really elevater plateau and stomp it to dirt that wuold probably cause it to regenerate "mountain terrain". With new textures for mountain terrain/crevices that theory is obviously proven false. The elevation doesn't make a biome, it's the other way around.
Hasta

Postby LtTurtleshot » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:30 am

I'm just gonna make a really high plateau just for styles then! Thanks for the help.

BTW, I just found out that you can use stones to level/survey terrain, there's nothing about it on the wiki.
LtTurtleshot

Postby MadNomad » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:46 am

LtTurtleshot wrote:I just found out that you can use stones to level/survey terrain, there's nothing about it on the wiki.

stone is a kind of soil and works just like soil (didn't try crafting with it but that might be the only exception)
ores are various kinds of stone and can be used as stone, and thus they are also a kind of soil so you can use it for elevating too - but it makes no sense when you can just put it into a smelter and flatten the area with plain soil

when you use stone or ore to level terrain you can't get them back, digging it out again provides soil or worms
MadNomad

Postby mvgulik » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:49 am

LtTurtleshot wrote:BTW, I just found out that you can use stones to level/survey terrain, there's nothing about it on the wiki.

Its general better to write something more down-to-earth like "I could not find ...", instead of suggesting something that is factual not true.

RoB: Survey wrote:Notes
  • The occasional dug up Earthworm also count as soil. Take care if you like to keep those.
  • (Soil can be manual put back into the ground (instead of dropping it), raising a tile point's level)
    • (This can also be done with earthworms and rocks)

Could probably be written somewhat better .. but its there.
mvgulik

Postby LtTurtleshot » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:16 pm

Thanks for the tip mvgulik! :D
LtTurtleshot

Return to How do I?