How to kill a Lynx?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

How to kill a Lynx?

Postby LtTurtleshot » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:58 pm

I want Lynx items for crafting and gilding, but I have no idea how to kill these little ugly fast cats... anyone can help me?
LtTurtleshot

Re: How to kill a Lynx?

Postby lwdragon » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:31 am

You can kill it by using 2 simple ways:
1. Get a horse, aggro lynx and set horse on 4th speed.
2. Aggro from boat and lure to place where is more shallow water around, then you just need to block the way when lynx gonna try to escape (need to react fast, or best to find some "corner" in shallow water, easier to block).
lwdragon

Postby lordgrunt » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:51 am

best way to kill any running away animal is to figure out the running away dmg. then chip away at it, stay below that amount of dmg and do the killing blow with something heavy.
lordgrunt

Postby vatas » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:11 pm

lordgrunt wrote:best way to kill any running away animal is to figure out the running away dmg. then chip away at it, stay below that amount of dmg and do the killing blow with something heavy.

Try to do this and if the animal still flees, follow it (wounded animals leave blood splat icons visible on minimap and take bleed damage as they flee, so eventually lynx should perish and you'll find it's carcass.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby kirion » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:45 am

An easy way to deal with the fleeing animal mechanism is to do these simple steps :

- In battle, in the top-right, there's an icon you can click commonly called "disengage". Click it as soon as the combat start.
- The moment the animal flee, you become out of combat due to the above button.
- VERY QUICKLY re-initiate combat with the animal. Having the 'attack!' action in your hotbar is a must. Using the minimap is helpful.
- There you go, the animal return to you. Re-disengage like step one. Rinse and repeat until death ensue.
kirion

Postby kill5link » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:07 pm

Use something that is faster than a Lynx. Like a horse or Snekkja.
kill5link

Return to How do I?