Do animal carcasses like fox decay on fire spit?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Do animal carcasses like fox decay on fire spit?

Postby Vnalor » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:08 pm

I was just wondering if I could make a refrigerator out of a fireplace.
Vnalor

Re: Do animal carcasses like fox decay on fire spit?

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:53 pm

Vnalor wrote:I was just wondering if I could make a refrigerator out of a fireplace.

Why? You can't recover the carcass/meat from the roasting spit. you have to cook it or clean it off and lose it. And if you're going to spitroast the meat, it's best to eat it 'hot' rather than letting it set.

Sorry, I can't say with 100% certainty that a carcass will not decay off of it. I've never actually tested it, and don't recall seeing reports saying otherwise. A brief search certainly isn't finding anything. It might be worth checking out for you or your play times. I suppose that you could leave a carcass on there and cook it when you're ready to eat rather than have it laying around, especially if you're still at the stage of the game where spitroasted meat is as good as things like kebab or sausages. If you're not sure of the risk factor, you might set one up and leave it for several days or a week and report back your findings.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Re: Do animal carcasses like fox decay on fire spit?

Postby Vnalor » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:11 pm

aight, experimenting atm
Vnalor

Return to How do I?