Reforesting and Biome manipulation

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Reforesting and Biome manipulation

Postby jacob232 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:09 pm

so I'm currently trying to work on my tree production on land I recently leveled. is there a way to turn the dirt back into FOREST tiles? rather than a grassland? I planted pine trees everywhere...….

Kinda just wanna know if its even possible? don't wanna waste gosh knows how long trying to manipulate the biome if it wont work
so this one time at band camp.............
jacob232

Re: Reforesting and Biome manipulation

Postby pawnchito » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:38 pm

assuming you leveled it and then there is no biome there once you plant trees the biome will bloom kind of like how decay works but on the floor. can take a little while but you will regain that biome. also if the fresh tiles are adjacent to forest biomes they will spread.
pawnchito

Postby vatas » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:56 pm

I just planted dozens of trees with shovel. Many of them will stump but it does generate decent amount of Wald.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby jacob232 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:53 pm

Ok so my pine trees all over that area will recover the dirt as a forest tile, i didnt have to level the entire thing so 1/3 is still forest. I just need to have a hearthling logged in the area to trigger the effect right? Will it just convert dirt/plowed land or grass as well?
jacob232

Postby pawnchito » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:04 am

I dont think anyone has to be logged in for the spread of the biome but i dont know for sure. Only fresh tiles that dont have a biome will change. if you want to get rid of grass stomp dirty or till it and plant trees around there it will change.
pawnchito

Postby jacob232 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:45 am

well thanks, ill keep all that in mind just knowing it was possible means I can spend all the time in the world experimenting. didn't wanna waste gosh knows how long and find out I was assuming a feature that didn't exist.

Edit: forest tiles are successfully generating. the issue did SEEM to be that no hearthling was there to render the area. I mean I had no new tiles in over a week and then left my guy online overnight, and I know at least 3-10 tiles have generated
jacob232

Return to How do I?