Holidays protection

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Holidays protection

Postby VillagerAs » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:16 am

Hey

I am going on 1 week holidays. I won't be able to use computer. How can i protect my small hermit village? I don't want to lose everything

Greetings
VillagerAs

Re: Holidays protection

Postby Mashadar » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:41 am

As long as everything is properly walled, there's nothing special you need to do. Your claims won't run out of authority in one week.
Someone might try to break your walls, but that's rather unlikely - unless they know you are away and they have reason to believe you have anything valuable they can steal.
Mashadar

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:02 pm

step 1 is probably not telling anybody you're going on a holiday
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Detharon » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:42 pm

Short answer: you can't.

But you can take some precautions to minimize the chance of being raided and the possible negative consequences.
- Put all valuable items in your inventory before you log out. If you need more space: create alts for that purpose.
- Make sure that your place looks active. Fill the animal troughs, harvest the withered crops after the winter, etc.
- Don't tell anyone about it.

It's very unlikely that someone will try to raid you. Trying to raid hermit bases that look active is a waste of time and resources.
Detharon

Postby VillagerAs » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:54 pm

There is one guy who is placing Wrecking Balls around now and then. I think he is checking if people are still playing. I think there is no hope for me if he choose my base
VillagerAs

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:27 pm

If you have anything worth more than a few hours of work, make alts, dump the items onto them. Someone probably will break in. Assume kilns, ovens, and smelters might get wrecked. Assume cauldrons, meat grinders, and the like will disappear. Save some materials back to rebuild (or buy replacements).
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Windershins » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:44 pm

If you are friendly with one of your neighbors, you can also ask them to ride by and check on the place while you're gone. Of course: you have to trust them not to break in themselves while you're gone.
Windershins

Return to How do I?