Armor breaking

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Armor breaking

Postby Sangoire » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:17 am

So I just started fighting bats and notice during a fight my armor starts disappearing on me or "breaking"? Also got KO'd twice and traveled to my Hearth Fire and also my armor was gone. But only gear with Armor class disappear. My gildable clothes stay. Is this normal? How do I protect my armor? Do we just keep making new ones? Increase my sewing skill? Thanks in advance.
Sangoire

Re: Armor breaking

Postby vatas » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:41 am

No "armor repair" of any sort in the game at the moment, just have to make new ones. You should in any case try to avoid taking too much damage by keeping your openings low, which should also extend your armor's service life.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Roxaereon » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:26 am

Armors break. Make new ones. Better if you make a Wooden Shield and put Shield Up on your skillslots.
World 10 - Villager - STK
World 11 - Lawspeaker - Krysaro
World 12 - Lawspeaker - Neimrahava
Roxaereon

Postby MadNomad » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:54 pm

Sangoire wrote:Increase my sewing skill?

it is one way of improving the quality of the armor (which makes it better) but its only one of them and your dexterity(or other stat, just check in the crafting recipe), quality of water, tanning tub, bark, skin, string, and so on also have an impact on the quality of your leather armor

also get a few points of unarmed combat, you don't need a lot to just punch it to death, or if that doesn't help just use cave entrance trick to help yourself and give additional time for lowering openings

Sangoire wrote:But only gear with Armor class disappear.

yes, those are the same ones that have wear, and only items with wear can break

armor class describes how well your armor protects you (higher numbers mean it's better) and wear says how much damage your armor(or whatever it is, things you place on table also have wear) can take before getting destroyed
MadNomad

Return to How do I?