Fullscreen?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Fullscreen?

Postby Austinh15 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:33 am

Does fullscreen work on the new Client? I'm getting the glorious whitescreen when I :fs 1.
Austinh15

Re: Fullscreen?

Postby loftar » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:09 am

I don't think fullscreen mode has ever worked well, whether in the new, old or even legacy client. I should debug it, I've just kinda forgotten it even exists.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Austinh15 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:23 am

Fairly certain I'm a rare breed of people who enjoy Fullscreen. I guess no rush on debugging fullscreen, not a lot of people begging for it if you have bigger fish to fry. Also somewhat curious about the :audiobuf 8192 command I run when starting the default client, as sounds cut out pretty frequently without that. Not really asking for any change on that one because it's not a big deal, just curious on why I have to do that every time I launch the game.
Austinh15

Postby loftar » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:01 am

Austinh15 wrote:Also somewhat curious about the :audiobuf 8192 command I run when starting the default client, as sounds cut out pretty frequently without that. Not really asking for any change on that one because it's not a big deal, just curious on why I have to do that every time I launch the game.

That was recently discussed over here.
loftar

Postby loftar » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:09 pm

In fact, I just tried fullscreen mode on my system, and it does in fact appear to work for me. If you want to help out with debugging it, it would help if you could send a Java thread dump of the client while it's in white-screen-mode.
loftar

Postby vatas » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:31 pm

Unofficial advice but in the link that Loftar posted above, he recommended using "JVisualVM" to get thread dumps.

https://ephesoft.com/docs/how-to-use-jvisualvm/
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Return to How do I?