Question about rage

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Question about rage

Postby Spacecpp » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:53 pm

I have seen some topics recommending to not buy the rage skill. But, what exactly happens if I buy rage but keep criminal acts off?
Spacecpp

Re: Question about rage

Postby vatas » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:01 pm

Rage used to disable Knockout Protection. This system was gamed extremely hard, most people never unlocked it, rage alts were all the rage and many people ran around with enough LP to unlock Rage in a pinch if they'd really needed to.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:05 am

Currently, unlocking rage will grant you the Bloodlust combat stance, and the ability to attack other hearthlings.
No downsides. Unlock it without any worries.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Mortis123 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:42 pm

No downsides ? If you have rage bought someone else can easly kill you after knocking you down. Without rage you have some time to wake up and use your `travel to hearth fire`.
Mortis123

Postby shubla » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:10 pm

Mortis123 wrote:No downsides ? If you have rage bought someone else can easly kill you after knocking you down. Without rage you have some time to wake up and use your `travel to hearth fire`.

Devs like supporting ruthless killers so that is no longer the case. The mechanics are very unclear as they are being constantly changed, but i think that unlocking murder and activating some toggleable things will do that. (and give you ability to deal more hhp dmg)
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:13 pm

Mortis123 wrote:No downsides ? If you have rage bought someone else can easly kill you after knocking you down. Without rage you have some time to wake up and use your `travel to hearth fire`.

This is not the case any more. I literally said everything rage does now. That was the case in World 11, and it was changed since then. That downside no longer exists. You are still protected wether you have bought Rage or not.
Don't spread fake information.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Return to How do I?