Is it possible to get strange roots from old stumps?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Is it possible to get strange roots from old stumps?

Postby Jakraes » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:42 am

Is it possible to get strange roots from old stumps? I've had a really bad time with a fox and now I need strange roots quickly to heal my wounds, I've been cutting fresh stumps and old stumps alike but I have found none so far, but I'm unsure if I should only cut fresh stumps or if I should cut both types of stumps
Jakraes

Re: Is it possible to get strange roots from old stumps?

Postby linkfanpc » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:00 am

It's an extremely rare occurrence. You're likely to never find one. I've only found one in my lifetime of playing, and it was in a random wicker basket.

What wounds do you have where you need it? If it's a Cruel Incision or Fell Slash, you can heal those with a Gauze. To make that all you need to do is find a clover and use it on a wild mouflon, afterwards you can shear it which will give you 1 wool. 1 wool is all it takes to make a Gauze, although you need to do it on a loom.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby Jakraes » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:14 am

linkfanpc wrote:It's an extremely rare occurrence. You're likely to never find one. I've only found one in my lifetime of playing, and it was in a random wicker basket.

What wounds do you have where you need it? If it's a Cruel Incision or Fell Slash, you can heal those with a Gauze. To make that all you need to do is find a clover and use it on a wild mouflon, afterwards you can shear it which will give you 1 wool. 1 wool is all it takes to make a Gauze, although you need to do it on a loom.

Ah that's a shame, and the wounds that won't heal are a Cruel Incision and a Deep Cut. Are Clovers a plant that grows all year? So far I found none besides in a chest but I won't steal it. Well, I'll try to advance to that state, thank you for the quick answer.
Jakraes

Postby linkfanpc » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:24 am

Jakraes wrote:
linkfanpc wrote:It's an extremely rare occurrence. You're likely to never find one. I've only found one in my lifetime of playing, and it was in a random wicker basket.

Ah that's a shame, and the wounds that won't heal are a Cruel Incision and a Deep Cut. Are Clovers a plant that grows all year? So far I found none besides in a chest but I won't steal it. Well, I'll try to advance to that state, thank you for the quick answer.

Deep Cuts can be healed with a Stinging Poultice or Waybroad. Stinging Poultice is fairly easy to make, Waybroad can be found as a plant with low PER*EXP.

Cruel Incisions can pretty much only be healed with Gauze.

If you can't find clovers, make sure you increase your Perception attribute and your Exploration ability. They're what makes your PER*EXP score (which is just one multiplied by the other) which is needed to see Forageables (the plants you pick off the ground).

Waybroads take a minimum of 150 PER*EXP score, meaning you'd need 13 PER and 12 EXP, or 15 PER and 10 EXP, or something similar. The amount you'll spot will increase as your PER*EXP score does, up to 600, at which point you'll see all of them possible.

Stinging Nettles are needed to make the Stinging Poultice and grow in forests, and have a minimum of 25 PER*EXP score, so 10 PER or 3 EXP is plenty, and at 10 PER and 10 EXP you'll see all of them.

Clovers themselves grow on grasslands and take 130 PER*EXP minimum, and you'll see all of them at 540.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

linkfanpc

Postby Jakraes » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:40 am

linkfanpc wrote:
Jakraes wrote:

Deep Cuts can be healed with a Stinging Poultice or Waybroad. Stinging Poultice is fairly easy to make, Waybroad can be found as a plant with low PER*EXP.

Cruel Incisions can pretty much only be healed with Gauze.

If you can't find clovers, make sure you increase your Perception attribute and your Exploration ability. They're what makes your PER*EXP score (which is just one multiplied by the other) which is needed to see Forageables (the plants you pick off the ground).

Waybroads take a minimum of 150 PER*EXP score, meaning you'd need 13 PER and 12 EXP, or 15 PER and 10 EXP, or something similar. The amount you'll spot will increase as your PER*EXP score does, up to 600, at which point you'll see all of them possible.

Stinging Nettles are needed to make the Stinging Poultice and grow in forests, and have a minimum of 25 PER*EXP score, so 10 PER or 3 EXP is plenty, and at 10 PER and 10 EXP you'll see all of them.

Clovers themselves grow on grasslands and take 130 PER*EXP minimum, and you'll see all of them at 540.

Yup I figured that Stinging Poultice would be the best for the deep cut, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find Stinging Nettles though I assume, I can't find any in the Winter unfortunately. And if I'm not wrong my PER*EXP is over 130, I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow so Spring begins. Thank you so much for the help, I'll definitely be on the look out for those items to patch me up.
Jakraes

Postby linkfanpc » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:49 am

Oh yeah, i forgot about winter. You can actually find Stinging Nettles and Clovers during winter if you can find some forest/grassland tiles that lack snow.

GLHF!

linkfanpc

Postby Jakraes » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:14 am

linkfanpc wrote:Oh yeah, i forgot about winter. You can actually find Stinging Nettles and Clovers during winter if you can find some forest/grassland tiles that lack snow.

GLHF!

It'll be easier if I just wait until tomorrow :p But thank you!
Jakraes

Return to How do I?