Eternal milestones

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Eternal milestones

Postby Dondy » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:25 pm

Am I correct that milestones are now forever?

I would like to bash a couple of inconveniently placed milestones that were erected by a long defunct village. Is it simply impossible to bash milestones or is it evidence that the village is somehow active?

My theory is that the village is defunct and has no authority, but the village idol is now on an active personal claim and will not decay until that claim goes down.

The road in question has been blocked by numerous trees and construction for months.
Dondy

Re: Eternal milestones

Postby linkfanpc » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:47 pm

Dondy wrote:Am I correct that milestones are now forever?

I would like to bash a couple of inconveniently placed milestones that were erected by a long defunct village. Is it simply impossible to bash milestones or is it evidence that the village is somehow active?

My theory is that the village is defunct and has no authority, but the village idol is now on an active personal claim and will not decay until that claim goes down.

The road in question has been blocked by numerous trees and construction for months.

Milestones aren't forever, they just have a large amount of Soak, which is like defense from damage. You need high strength or a wrecking ball to demolish them.

What happens when you try to use the Destroy command on them? Does it say it would be a crime? If so then yes it's claimed.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby Dondy » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:50 pm

Yes, there is no option to destroy. I only get a message with the name of the village.
Dondy

Postby linkfanpc » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:20 am

Dondy wrote:Yes, there is no option to destroy. I only get a message with the name of the village.

I'm assuming the message says "This land is owned by [villagename]".

If so then that means one of the headstones (which look like this) is inside a working village claim.

You can still bash it if you have enough STR or a wrecking ball and the Vandalism skill, but it would obviously be an act of vandalism.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Return to How do I?