Village vs Personal claim

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Village vs Personal claim

Postby Kamekono » Sun May 09, 2021 4:08 pm

I'm a hermit with personal claim. Today a player said me I lose my personal claim if a village extends over me. Is true? I lose claim or access? What can they do?

It doesn't sound fair if true :(
Kamekono

Re: Village vs Personal claim

Postby vatas » Sun May 09, 2021 4:20 pm

Village claim can only remove p-claim when it's older than the p-claim, or when it has reached 90% of the p-claim's age.

Also the effective age of v-claim is counted based on the extension, so you can't have village claim mature some distance away and then make tendril to p-claim.

Devs never meant "Revoke the Priviledge" to be used "offensively" thus these changes when w8 launched.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Kamekono » Sun May 09, 2021 5:14 pm

vatas wrote:Village claim can only remove p-claim when it's older than the p-claim, or when it has reached 90% of the p-claim's age.

Also the effective age of v-claim is counted based on the extension, so you can't have village claim mature some distance away and then make tendril to p-claim.

Devs never meant "Revoke the Priviledge" to be used "offensively" thus these changes when w8 launched.

How does the 90% works? Claim active for about a month. Can they remove it in 27 days? After it, is the claim safe if is inside a palisade, if they can't reach it? Or can they do it from outside? Does village need to cover the entire claim, or just a part of it to remove?
Kamekono

Postby Sevenless » Sun May 09, 2021 7:27 pm

Important note: With 10 CHA, and 10 Lore, you only need to earn 5k LP per *day* to maintain a village. Even as a hermit, dropping a village on your house is a smart idea.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby shubla » Sun May 09, 2021 7:31 pm

Don't build too close to other villages so that they don't expand into your place. Also don't build in places that may be of interest to somebody, I don't think that there are many if any cases of villages being expanded into pclaims without one of the preceding happening.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby vatas » Sun May 09, 2021 8:42 pm

Kamekono wrote:
vatas wrote:Village claim can only remove p-claim when it's older than the p-claim, or when it has reached 90% of the p-claim's age.

How does the 90% works? Claim active for about a month. Can they remove it in 27 days? After it, is the claim safe if is inside a palisade, if they can't reach it? Or can they do it from outside? Does village need to cover the entire claim, or just a part of it to remove?

If your claim has been active for a month, and hostile village would drop a Banner to overlap with oyur claim right now, they'd need to wait 9 months to be able to revoke.

The 90% thing was implemented as a compromise to enable people to (eventually) get rid of "troll claims" people might drop on area they see a village being built on.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Kamekono » Sun May 09, 2021 9:54 pm

Thank you for replies. I think I'm safe.
Kamekono

Postby VDZ » Sun May 09, 2021 11:38 pm

Sevenless wrote:Important note: With 10 CHA, and 10 Lore, you only need to earn 5k LP per *day* to maintain a village. Even as a hermit, dropping a village on your house is a smart idea.

Why? Prior to w13, a village was required for a Sublime Portico. Now that the Charterstone and Sublime Portico have been removed, and you can access thingwalls without having a village, what benefit is there still to having a village over your claim?
VDZ

Postby meus » Mon May 10, 2021 5:27 am

Because it's easier to "feed" the village 101*101 than a claim 101*101.
You can use multiple characters sharing it, or just one with higher CHA*LORE, to accumulate more % authority for the village than you could % influence for a claim.

Also, just to build it, one would need to slap 101*101*10 ~ 100k LP just for the claim of same size, which is a bit steep early game (e.g. week 1). For the village you can share the cost of ~50k as one for Lawspeaking (20k) and share 30k for founding the village - you'll have it much faster. A small claim e.g. 10*10 is nice until you get your leather/bones/metal for the idol, but not much useful later.

There are also the benefits of having a village, apart from just the LP acrobatics.
meus

Postby VDZ » Mon May 10, 2021 5:51 am

meus wrote:There are also the benefits of having a village, apart from just the LP acrobatics.

What I mean to ask is, what benefits does a village still hold for a hermit in W13 other than ease of maintenance?
VDZ

Next

Return to How do I?