Village vs Personal claim

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Village vs Personal claim

Postby MagicManICT » Mon May 10, 2021 6:39 am

VDZ wrote:
meus wrote:There are also the benefits of having a village, apart from just the LP acrobatics.

What I mean to ask is, what benefits does a village still hold for a hermit in W13 other than ease of maintenance?

Cheaper to expand, can set up permission areas with cairns (such as a small market for neighbors to visit). Can be extended downwards into a mine.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Valnar » Mon May 10, 2021 4:37 pm

Sevenless wrote:Important note: With 10 CHA, and 10 Lore, you only need to earn 5k LP per *day* to maintain a village. Even as a hermit, dropping a village on your house is a smart idea.

Per in game or real day?
Valnar

Postby Sevenless » Mon May 10, 2021 8:53 pm

VDZ wrote:
meus wrote:There are also the benefits of having a village, apart from just the LP acrobatics.

What I mean to ask is, what benefits does a village still hold for a hermit in W13 other than ease of maintenance?

Other villages can't Vbanner grief you, ease of maintenance, ease of expansion. Villages are pretty cheap all considered for those benefits, even if you never care about expanding.

Per in game or real day?

Sorry, per ingame day. ~15,000LP per IRL day. Shouldn't be too ridiculous to get 625LP/hr for pretty much anyone.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Valnar » Mon May 10, 2021 10:04 pm

Sevenless wrote:
Per in game or real day?

Sorry, per ingame day. ~15,000LP per IRL day. Shouldn't be too ridiculous to get 625LP/hr for pretty much anyone.

Yeah that's not bad at all, especially given that most characters would be able to invest a bit into charisma and lore to help offset that. Looking at the formula it seems like you just need only 20 cha and lore to halve that requirement (assuming the wiki formula is right). Super easy stats to get to for anyone even able to make a village idol.
Valnar

Postby Sevenless » Mon May 10, 2021 10:41 pm

Valnar wrote:
Sevenless wrote:
Per in game or real day?

Yeah that's not bad at all, especially given that most characters would be able to invest a bit into charisma and lore to help offset that. Looking at the formula it seems like you just need only 20 cha and lore to halve that requirement (assuming the wiki formula is right). Super easy stats to get to for anyone even able to make a village idol.

I double checked, wiki formula seems correct. Villages, despite kinda scaring hermits, have been viable in every world I've played for a semi active player. Worst case scenario it unpowers, but if that happens your claim is running out soon too so...
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby VDZ » Tue May 11, 2021 5:00 pm

Sevenless wrote:Worst case scenario it unpowers, but if that happens your claim is running out soon too so...

Isn't the worst case situation that you leave your village for some reason (you need to be oathed to another for whatever reason, you find an abandoned village you want to become lawspeaker of to claim it) and you now have a big foreign vclaim over your base?
VDZ

Postby MagicManICT » Tue May 11, 2021 9:00 pm

VDZ wrote:
Sevenless wrote:Worst case scenario it unpowers, but if that happens your claim is running out soon too so...

Isn't the worst case situation that you leave your village for some reason (you need to be oathed to another for whatever reason, you find an abandoned village you want to become lawspeaker of to claim it) and you now have a big foreign vclaim over your base?

This is what a second account is for: lawspeaker of your village. Really all it's for so that someone can manage the keys to the kingdom in case the main dies or otherwise loses the ability to be a member of the village.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby BigCountry » Thu May 13, 2021 3:14 pm

Definitely doable to run a village as hermit (solo). Easier to expand land. Put your small personal claim in middle of village walled off etc.
BigCountry

Postby Valnar » Thu May 13, 2021 5:19 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
VDZ wrote:

This is what a second account is for: lawspeaker of your village. Really all it's for so that someone can manage the keys to the kingdom in case the main dies or otherwise loses the ability to be a member of the village.

It seems really weird to need a second account for this though. Feels like I really should be able to add my own alts to a village through the kin menu or something like that.
Valnar

Postby MagicManICT » Thu May 13, 2021 5:31 pm

Valnar wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:This is what a second account is for: lawspeaker of your village. Really all it's for so that someone can manage the keys to the kingdom in case the main dies or otherwise loses the ability to be a member of the village.

It seems really weird to need a second account for this though. Feels like I really should be able to add my own alts to a village through the kin menu or something like that.

You don't have to do this. I'll just say that if you do die, and someone can access the village idol while you're dead, they can take the claim as there'll be no lawspeaker. If you have more than one character, it becomes difficult to manage the claim, and there will be no way to oath in extra characters unless they are on a different account than the lawspeaker. Is it weird? Not really. Should it be this way? Probably not, but too many games are like this already. It's not a battle I want to fight, at least.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?