Village vs Personal claim

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Village vs Personal claim

Postby Valnar » Thu May 13, 2021 5:40 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Valnar wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:This is what a second account is for: lawspeaker of your village. Really all it's for so that someone can manage the keys to the kingdom in case the main dies or otherwise loses the ability to be a member of the village.

It seems really weird to need a second account for this though. Feels like I really should be able to add my own alts to a village through the kin menu or something like that.

You don't have to do this. I'll just say that if you do die, and someone can access the village idol while you're dead, they can take the claim as there'll be no lawspeaker. If you have more than one character, it becomes difficult to manage the claim, and there will be no way to oath in extra characters unless they are on a different account than the lawspeaker. Is it weird? Not really. Should it be this way? Probably not, but too many games are like this already. It's not a battle I want to fight, at least.

Yeah as long as someone needs physical access to the idol, I'm not too worried of someone taking over the village if my main character dies before I make a new main. I figure if someone is able to bring down my hermit palisades, then I already have way bigger problems lol.

It just seems like a bit of an annoyance more than anything to need 2 accounts to be able to add alts to a village.
Valnar

Postby VDZ » Thu May 13, 2021 9:59 pm

Valnar wrote:I figure if someone is able to bring down my hermit palisades,

or manages to follow you into your base (maybe you were running from them and hoping to get in and close that gate before the attacker gets in), or steals your keys, or manages to find a different way into your base (have you properly palisaded your minehole?), or wins your trust and you let them in for just a moment, or...

Just saying, it's better to be safe than sorry.
VDZ

Postby Valnar » Fri May 14, 2021 12:46 am

VDZ wrote:
Valnar wrote:I figure if someone is able to bring down my hermit palisades,

or manages to follow you into your base (maybe you were running from them and hoping to get in and close that gate before the attacker gets in), or steals your keys, or manages to find a different way into your base (have you properly palisaded your minehole?), or wins your trust and you let them in for just a moment, or...

Just saying, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Have a key alt to hold master key, airlocked palisade gates, my main can't even get back into my closed base, and don't even have minehole yet though I'm already planning it for outside of my main base section.

The only people I'd ever bring into my main base are people I explicitly bring into the game from outside so I would have leverage there.

I'm going to build a "visitor area" if I stick to this world long enough.

But yeah I'll probably eventually make a second account to add another to the village.
Valnar

Postby ycollins » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:40 pm

For a hermit in W13, my question is, what advantages does a town have other convenience for upkeep? No one answers? cookie clicker
ycollins

Postby sMartins » Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:17 pm

Scary, they are ready to take over the world!
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Previous

Return to How do I?