Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Tammer » Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:53 am

fogwip wrote:How do I find metal? I've been searching the forums and prowling the wiki, but I can't tell if some of the information is old or not. I have yet to ever see the little radar-ping from using rustroot extract, and exploratory mining suggested on threads has just had me smack a cave wall maybe twice at most before getting cave-in'd and having to wait a day while the concussion wears off. do I just have garbage luck, or am I doing something wrong? is there supposed to be an easier/less frustrating way to do this?

Higher quality extract sees a bit farther. Or just prospect more over a larger area.

At this point in the world you could just look in caves and find where other people have partially mined out ore veins.
Tammer

Postby Necrisha » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:14 am

fogwip wrote:How do I find metal? I've been searching the forums and prowling the wiki, but I can't tell if some of the information is old or not. I have yet to ever see the little radar-ping from using rustroot extract, and exploratory mining suggested on threads has just had me smack a cave wall maybe twice at most before getting cave-in'd and having to wait a day while the concussion wears off. do I just have garbage luck, or am I doing something wrong? is there supposed to be an easier/less frustrating way to do this?

Garbage luck happens to everyone, If I'm facing a lot of pristine caves in an area I like to fit an alt with the bare minimum to start mining and a few coloured rocks to mark out the minesweeper minigame No need to brick a your main guy for a day chipping at walls. Getting the bits of low q cassiterite doesn't take much in terms of stats. If you do get into a wall enough to kind of get the minesweeper game, definitely practice outside of h&h to give yourself a better chance.

Additionally, 30-40q on your rustroot extract covers a lot more ground that 10q or 20q and the quality bump to distance scale starts to flatten out from there so I would call it the ore finding sweet spot for making rustroot extract as far as effort to make higher quality stuff goes.
Necrisha

Postby fogwip » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:37 am

Necrisha wrote:

Garbage luck happens to everyone, If I'm facing a lot of pristine caves in an area I like to fit an alt with the bare minimum to start mining and a few coloured rocks to mark out the minesweeper minigame No need to brick a your main guy for a day chipping at walls. Getting the bits of low q cassiterite doesn't take much in terms of stats. If you do get into a wall enough to kind of get the minesweeper game, definitely practice outside of h&h to give yourself a better chance.

Additionally, 30-40q on your rustroot extract covers a lot more ground that 10q or 20q and the quality bump to distance scale starts to flatten out from there so I would call it the ore finding sweet spot for making rustroot extract as far as effort to make higher quality stuff goes.

I do get the minesweeper minigame (well, "get" the mechanics of it enough to start being a little concerned when I see cave dust, though on other games with similar mechanics i'm just garbage at wrapping my head around it enough to be"good. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

but there have been about 4 or 5 times in a row i've smacked a fresh cave wall and immediately triggered a cave in. but maybe that's just the garbage luck playing into it. or maybe I'm just a cave-in magnet :D

I'll think about making an alt to chuck at caves, so I can at least play on my alt. thanks for the advice!
fogwip

Postby LordBaal » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:08 am

Does the woodchips paving decaying outside?
LordBaal

Postby Sevenless » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:23 pm

LordBaal wrote:Does the woodchips paving decaying outside?

Doesn't seem to on claims.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Granny » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:22 am

I have successfully made a mold for a tinker's shovel, and rightclicked to pour molten metal inside it. All good, everything worked. I then made a new mold, now for the tinker's axe since I have read it is good for ming.BUT when I now rightclick the mold nothing happens. What am I missing? I have placed it close to the furnace, and have metals bars in inventory.

Update: Dang nabbit. I forgot to add a metal bar to that right click. :oops:
Granny

Postby fishbro001 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:27 am

How do I destroy my timber house? I want to rebuild a better house in it's place.
When I try to destroy, it says I am too weak
fishbro001

Postby gravesmerch » Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:31 pm

fishbro001 wrote:How do I destroy my timber house? I want to rebuild a better house in it's place.
When I try to destroy, it says I am too weak

probably when you can build a Wrecking Ball
https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Wrecking_Ball
gravesmerch

Postby fishbro001 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:10 pm

What does it mean when people post something like this in realm chat: "@1410548148"
fishbro001

Postby lordgrunt » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:29 pm

custom client feature, i believe its ender. happens when ppl alt-click some object and it highlights it.
lordgrunt

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?