Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby vatas » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:58 pm

VDZ wrote:Can a new character have the exact same name as their direct ancestor? I would assume so since AFAIK there is no duplicate name check for players in general (never heard for one at least) but would be nice to know in case I end up wanting to kill my character to inherit.

There's duplicate check for character names on the same account. If you don't want to go with the "Bob II" -route, one workaround is to add space at the end of the name to make it look identical to the previous character.

Also you can effectively rename your character by changing your display name before making kin with anyone. Do note that the name you gave to Wizard in character creation room will forever be used in the Character Selection screen and on your skull, should it ever be harvested.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby VDZ » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:32 pm

vatas wrote:
VDZ wrote:Can a new character have the exact same name as their direct ancestor? I would assume so since AFAIK there is no duplicate name check for players in general (never heard for one at least) but would be nice to know in case I end up wanting to kill my character to inherit.

There's duplicate check for character names on the same account. If you don't want to go with the "Bob II" -route, one workaround is to add space at the end of the name to make it look identical to the previous character.

Also you can effectively rename your character by changing your display name before making kin with anyone. Do note that the name you gave to Wizard in character creation room will forever be used in the Character Selection screen and on your skull, should it ever be harvested.

Well damn. This is good to know, thanks for letting me know about this. I've always gone the 'Bob II' route in the past so I never noticed.
VDZ

Postby VDZ » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:25 am

Igloos "melt in spring", but do they also melt in snowy mountain areas and inside caves?
VDZ

Postby Zao » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:34 pm

Can you do a ranged attack (sling or bow and arrow) over a dry stone fence or a palisade?
Zao

Postby Nexit » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:42 pm

how long does outlaw last for theft
Nexit

Postby VDZ » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:45 pm

Nexit wrote:how long does outlaw last for theft

2.7 real-life days. See the wiki page on Scents for the durations.
VDZ

Postby pawnchito » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:18 pm

Is the bug where you could extend palisades beyond a claim and then use it to cascade still around?
pawnchito

Postby VDZ » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:33 pm

pawnchito wrote:Is the bug where you could extend palisades beyond a claim and then use it to cascade still around?

I think so and AFAIK it's a design decision and not a bug. You should always extend beyond the palisade just in case.

(For the record, you cannot extend a palisade to a tile on a claim you don't have vandalism permissions on, not even as an act of vandalism.)
VDZ

Postby Nexit » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:01 am

VDZ wrote:
Nexit wrote:how long does outlaw last for theft

2.7 real-life days. See the wiki page on Scents for the durations.

thanks. it would help if the times were added to their respective scent pages
Nexit

Postby RandomHermit » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:09 am

Does Trying to break into a claim with Fences by traping a boar with logs is ok, accepted, work as intended or is it considered as griefing ?
Thanks.
RandomHermit

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?