Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby clio » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:28 am

How can I build things 45 degrees rotated?

I think it's supposed to work with mousewheel and shift/ctrl, but this just zooms in and out. (using Ender or official client)
clio

Postby sMartins » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:12 am

clio wrote:How can I build things 45 degrees rotated?

I think it's supposed to work with mousewheel and shift/ctrl, but this just zooms in and out. (using Ender or official client)

Right click on the the object over your head First to get a Ghost image
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby clio » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:50 pm

clio wrote:How can I build things 45 degrees rotated?

I figured it out now: you have to turn the mouse wheel while holding down Shift AND the middle mouse button at the same time.
sMartins wrote:Right click on the the object over your head First to get a Ghost image

Yes this is for placing liftable objects, then rotation works the same as when building.
clio

Postby fishbro001 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:21 pm

What is better for mining/cutting

q10 tinker's axe or q 61.6 stone axe?
fishbro001

Postby Sevenless » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:21 pm

fishbro001 wrote:What is better for mining/cutting

q10 tinker's axe or q 61.6 stone axe?

Cutting trees ignores quality.

Cutting blocks ignores tooltypes unless it's a metal axe which gives extra block yield.

Butchering animals ignores tooltype unless it's butcher's cleaver which just makes the action faster.

Mining is a bit stranger. You should be able to see for speed pretty easily, but hardcapping everything to q10 seems like a bad idea since you'll want to know if you're hitting good stones to make a better stone axe. As for how mining speed works, tools use strength up to their quality efficiently, and strength past the tool quality drops off very quickly in how much extra speed it gives.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby clio » Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:29 am

I want to break into an abandoned claim, but I can't assemble the wrecking ball, it just says "that land is owned by someone". I have Theft/Trespassing/Vandalism, criminal acts are on, no visitor buff. It doesn't matter if a stand on the claim or outside when clicking "assemble".

Screenshot from 2022-12-10 00-22-46.jpg
Screenshot from 2022-12-10 00-22-46.jpg (55.82 KiB) Viewed 1081 times
clio

Postby Kaios » Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:03 am

You can't place a wrecking ball on a claim on any more without the appropriate permissions (https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=73773), even if the claim is abandoned. Nor are you able to hand bash any fully soaked walls on the claim as well, you either need to use a battering ram or wait for a portion to decay.
Kaios

Postby Levande » Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:18 am

Two questions, how long does Something Broken take to heal, and what does the % number mean beside the medicine applied to a wound mean?

Levande

Postby Sevenless » Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:03 pm

Levande wrote:Two questions, how long does Something Broken take to heal, and what does the % number mean beside the medicine applied to a wound mean?

Something broken is one of the worst wounds in the game for healing if I'm remembering correctly. I sincerely hope you'll get 1/day.

This is second hand knowledge, but apparently jorb mentioned that the % value is the protection against wound stacking given as an additional benefit by the medicine. This might be a baseless rumour, but it's never had any other noticeable effect that I've seen since hafen began.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Dr3amt » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:11 pm

Erwinjones wrote:Just curios if anyone can help me understand "cleaned chicken" Q...

Cant seem to figure out what attributes etc effect the quality. I get the Q30 feathers when I pluck it but always get a Q10 cleaned chicken. Have raised survival, perception, cooking, farming. I am at a loss on why I cant get even a q15 cleaned chicken. Is my stone axe hardcapping the qaulity?

I wonder this too. And why are all Hen and Rooster in the wild Q10?
Dr3amt

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?