Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby vatas » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:48 pm

Ciego wrote:My leech burns don't seem to cure any injuries, and my character has a red number over his head, like 200 or more, and he bleeds even when no leeches attached, until the number goes away.

Is this intentional, did they REALLY take leeches away, for bruises and stuff? In real life, THAT WORKED.

Leeches should always deal SHP damage but only occasionally convert wounds to Leech Burns.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Ciego » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:20 pm

vatas wrote:Leeches should always deal SHP damage but only occasionally convert wounds to Leech Burns.

LOL...
I GOT "leech burns".
They DON'T HEAL ANYTHING NOW (unlike previous worlds.)

I GOT the SHP damage, it healed.
But there is a red number above my head, as I move about, and I continue to occasionally bleed, even tho there no leeches on me.

Update: 4/7/21 - now appears as if leeches work the traditional way.
Last edited by Ciego on Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ciego

Postby kirion » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:48 pm

Hey, how much fuel should i throw at minimum in my kiln to burn wood blocks and such into ash piles?
kirion

Postby vatas » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:02 pm

kirion wrote:Hey, how much fuel should i throw at minimum in my kiln to burn wood blocks and such into ash piles?

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Kiln see the "Fuel" section.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby pawnchito » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:36 pm

Was the ore smelter replaced by this new one? I have learned bricks and all the jazz but no recipe.
pawnchito

Postby VDZ » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:11 pm

pawnchito wrote:Was the ore smelter replaced by this new one? I have learned bricks and all the jazz but no recipe.

Perhaps it will be unlocked after discovering coal. Rowboat also doesn't unlock until you've discovered tar.
VDZ

Postby kirion » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:57 am

Talking of smelters, am i supposed to be able to use the bellow on a Stack Furnace? I've filled it and it is lit, but there's no action to do if i right-click.
kirion

Postby VDZ » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:46 am

kirion wrote:Talking of smelters, am i supposed to be able to use the bellow on a Stack Furnace? I've filled it and it is lit, but there's no action to do if i right-click.

Yes. Your character should walk up to it, drink to recover stamina (because the action takes most of your stamina bar) then spend some time using the bellows. It works for me, not sure why it doesn't for you. Perhaps certain skills are required?
VDZ

Postby kirion » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:24 am

Found the reason, i think -- The bellow was next to a wall so i couldn't move behind the furnace. And i had to specifically click the cutesy little plateform the bellow is on to work it.
kirion

Postby VDZ » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:43 pm

Can you put a Metal Cabinet in a boat while it has items in it?
VDZ

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?