Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Tammer » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:54 pm

meus wrote:Planting an Olive - does it require any extra conditions?

I've been trying to plant sprouted olive trees on Beech Grove, Root Bosk, Green Brake, just like other trees - but with no success.
Is it only possible on a specific terrain, for example? Thanks.

P.S. I got the sprout from an Olive, not from an Olive Kernel - but still got an Olive Sprout in the pot.

Did you right click the pot in your inventory? That's the method after a recent update.
Tammer

Postby Regnurr » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:43 pm

What's the fastest way to start levelling agility and strength before I have an operational wheat farm for baking? I assumed rabbit meat pies would be a decent choice after. This is for a fresh hermit.
Regnurr

Postby Tammer » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:54 am

Regnurr wrote:What's the fastest way to start levelling agility and strength before I have an operational wheat farm for baking? I assumed rabbit meat pies would be a decent choice after. This is for a fresh hermit.

Dried fish are good. Mullet, trout, plenty of others give strength. Eels give agility.

Once you can hunt a bit try smoking piglet wursts and running rabbit sausage with hornbeam.
Tammer

Postby magisticus » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:42 pm

Regnurr wrote:What's the fastest way to start levelling agility and strength before I have an operational wheat farm for baking? I assumed rabbit meat pies would be a decent choice after. This is for a fresh hermit.

For Agi:

Chives are good if you are in an area that has them

Eels are very good early on, you can spit-roast those too for some extra feps, saithe is also reasonable

Once you do get wheat make honeybuns and rings of brodgar

For Str:

Quite a few fish give strength early on

When you can make sausages and then progress towards cheese

For foraging, grubs and yellowfeet (mushroom) and you can make nutjerky which you bake in fireplace
magisticus

Postby miguelex » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:43 pm

If i'm using only melee weapons to fight and hunt (and also using only melee combat moves), does it really matter to raise up markmanship and unarmed combat?
miguelex

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:28 am

miguelex wrote: does it really matter to raise up markmanship

no

and unarmed combat?

Unless you have a deck that requires some sort of UA attacks or maneuvers, no. When the combat skill of the attack is made, it is checked vs the skill of the defense. I don't mind giving a more concrete example if need be.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Pommfritz » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:47 am

A few days ago I found some gear and a few tamed animals on an abandoned claim and brought them to my base. They were all very low in wellfedness (about 1/4-3/4 of the bar) and it's not changing. Their quality is around q30 except the female sheep is q9 for some reason and they were breeding a q7 sheep.... The food is q32+

I was searching the forums a bit and today I paved the ground so they dont eat the grass but during the day nothing changed with their wellfedness, I have no idea what I'm doing basically, was just happy I didnt need to tame them myself :D but how do I get their wellfedness up?

That's how I keep them

Pommfritz

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:38 am

Once animals take starvation damage, they're very slow to recover. More or less, you're better off breeding them and then culling them from the herd.

The downside of paving under the animal pens is that they won't be able to eat grass in case they run out of fodder.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Pommfritz » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:56 am

Ok thanks, that's ok I took 2 full fodders with me, they should last for another week or so and then I'll already produce enough food to keep a few animals running I think.

I have another question.

The skill Shield up has a block weight of 250%*MC, my MC is at 20+20 with gear so the block weight is 40*250% = 100 ?
Now if I want to use for example Chin up, I have to get to 100 UA to make it better than Shield up?

also what does this mean:

my sword does 217 damage, how much damage will I do with a 100% opening and 40MC using Chop?
Pommfritz

Postby JinxDevona » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:03 pm

Thank you kindly MagicManICT (can delete or move to HEL)
Last edited by JinxDevona on Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for the less common point of view, but it is the only one I have ;P
JinxDevona

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?