Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Tammer » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:04 am

MagicManICT wrote:2. Increase range and reduce Travel Weariness gained when using teleports

Will doesn't reduce Travel Weariness gained, right? I thought the amount gained is determined only by the teleport distance. Will raises the maximum amount of travel weariness.
Tammer

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:22 am

What you see is a percentage range of how much of your current travel distance you've used, that's why a "lesser cost" was mentioned in the first place. It's purely visual. If you can travel approximately 10k tiles, and you travel 1000, you'd get 10% vs the person that can only travel 5k tiles, and they'd get 20%. It's a very rough example, not close to accurate as there is some exponential scaling in there and some minimal costs. I've not really messed with what has been posted on the costs as there have been things mentioned that increase or decrease the total cost of any route. It's why some folks have a set of Will gear so they can make that trip to the market in one or two hops rather than needing to stop more often to heal the travel weariness. (And why you can end up with >100 travel weariness when losing that Will. Or something like that... downside of hermiting is you sometimes miss some of the changes not used very frequently.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby vatas » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:43 am

Did I answer the question "how to trade animals on public market" correctly?

vatas wrote:Might be possible to do a trick with branding irons, brand them with your mark (use iron that says it's yours) before going to market, then have buyer give you heated branding iron with their mark, replace your marks with theirs, buyer can now leash them even in market area that has no perms except walking around
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby JesusTheAstronaut » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:49 am

I removed this skull from a corpse but did not unlock any of the skull-related crafting recipes. The graphic shows a fully developed skull as you can see in the screenshot, it is not the underdeveloped hearthling skull, which I'm aware does not unlock the recipes. Also, per the wiki, the player's skull must have at least 50 intelligence, and the mental weight is intelligence/2. So in my example, the MW is 44, so the player would have had 88 intelligence. The wiki also says that they needed to have 100k LP gathered in their lifetime, but that the LP gain is 1% of the total LP earned for that character. So in this example, it gives 33k, which means their total LP would have been around 3 Million LP. So as far as I can tell this skull meets all the requirements for being a "real" skull. Are there any other reasons I would not have these recipes unlocked? (Yes, I have all skills unlocked including rage, murder, etc and have discovered all other materials needed for making skull cup, skull pole).
JesusTheAstronaut

Postby vatas » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:56 am

To investigate the skull matter, make a "material account" with it (does not consume the skull) using the character that picked up the skull, and see if the account says "Hearthling Skull."
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby JesusTheAstronaut » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:26 am

vatas wrote:To investigate the skull matter, make a "material account" with it (does not consume the skull) using the character that picked up the skull, and see if the account says "Hearthling Skull."

JesusTheAstronaut

Postby vatas » Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:28 am

Starting to look like genuine bug but I'd like you to double-check that you in fact have those discoveries (do you have other recipes open that require cloth or tin nuggets open) because we had similar situation several months ago where someone swears they had discovered water and one full page of discussion later they finally try taking water from lake/river/well and get the discovery.

vatas

Postby JesusTheAstronaut » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:29 am

vatas wrote:Starting to look like genuine bug but I'd like you to double-check that you in fact have those discoveries (do you have other recipes open that require cloth or tin nuggets open) because we had similar situation several months ago where someone swears they had discovered water and one full page of discussion later they finally try taking water from lake/river/well and get the discovery.

Lol no I completely understand where you're coming from: "Trust, but verify".

I do not have silk discovered on this character, so I understand why I wouldn't have the skull throne unlocked, but I certainly have all other cloths discovered and tin nuggets so I believe I should have access to the skull mug and pole.

Also, I am using the Ender client but I have also re-downloaded the vanilla client just to rule out any weird custom-client behavior and the recipes are not showing up there, either.
JesusTheAstronaut

Postby Pommfritz » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:25 am

lmao I have the same for months, I was thinking the skull stuff isn't in the game anymore xd

none of the skull crafts unlocked, I also discovered silk at some point (can make merch robe etc).

edit: also to my defence
vatas wrote:Starting to look like genuine bug but I'd like you to double-check that you in fact have those discoveries (do you have other recipes open that require cloth or tin nuggets open) because we had similar situation several months ago where someone swears they had discovered water and one full page of discussion later they finally try taking water from lake/river/well and get the discovery.

the 1 page discussion was about how to get flour discovered not water xd
Pommfritz

Postby pawnchito » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:32 am

How the heck can I get alive swans!?

pawnchito

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?