Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby mulamishne » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:55 am

pawnchito wrote:
mulamishne wrote:
pawnchito wrote:can you drop vbuff by going from Pclaim to Vclaim?

Yes, kinda, you'll want a continuous claim of either over your entire base.

i dont think this is true. you must have vclaim over all. I was able to enter a claim through a gate covered only by a village claim and dropped the visitor buff when i stepped onto a personal claim (owned by the lawspear of the village) not covered by the village claim. the personal claim has authority.

Is this intended?

If the pclaim had covered that entrance (and covered the entire base) they would not be able to drop visitor. The issue is that the base is covered only partially by both.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby vatas » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:38 pm

Visitor Status is tied to the claim(s) covering the gate that gave it/them to you.

In the above case, the pclaim didn't cover the gate. Going into a tile that is covered by the pclaim, but not the vclaim, thus results in losing the Visitor Status the same as simply exiting the vclaim into an unclaimed tile.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Codemanny » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:04 am

What is the most practical way to start power levelling my strength?

Getting hard metals wasn't too hard in the past but now I suppose you can only alloy bronze starting level 2?? I have a minehole to level 2 but naturally I'm not strong enough to break anything. Considering just abandoning all other stats in favor of strength.

I find it very funny that I have thing's like merchant's robe prior to hard metals. Not the progression I'm used to.
Codemanny

Postby ascote » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:40 am

Spitroasted boar is an easy early strength boost.
ascote

Postby Dawidio123 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:41 am

Codemanny wrote:What is the most practical way to start power levelling my strength?

Getting hard metals wasn't too hard in the past but now I suppose you can only alloy bronze starting level 2?? I have a minehole to level 2 but naturally I'm not strong enough to break anything. Considering just abandoning all other stats in favor of strength.

I find it very funny that I have thing's like merchant's robe prior to hard metals. Not the progression I'm used to.

Well right now there are many different ways to go about it and it all depends on your current stats but i will assume they are below 100, thus i will explain the progression as you would do it since week 1 (you can skip ahead if you can get stuff that i mention later AND you have a good table), but i would like to emphasize that it's a VERY good idea to make a mining alt and get the appropiate credos on it (quarryman+miner), this will allow you to focus purely on str on that char (give him some consti and int too, it's a good idea, trust me) and you will need lots of lp for masonry, some uac to defend yourself and skills like deep artifice+credos:

-My go to for start is spitroasted meat and spitroasted fish (as was previously mentioned) either boar or bear for meats, and as for fish there is not really a simple solution, usually sturgeons, pikes, mullets, perches are good ones while getting you other useful stats. There are also nut roasts which afaik are not that bad. You can probably get to around 80+ str or so just on that without an excessive grind.

-Once you get to -2 you will unlock MANY new options, first of all find lakes/rivers on -2 (or deeper) and scout them for cave anglers regularly, they are a GREAT source of str, either spitroasted, dried, or made into panseared fish. You could probably grind to 400 just on anglers without too much issue. But, you don't only get this, you also get access to meat grinder which allows you to craft a plethora of sausages that give good feps for str, ie. big bear bangers, elk dogs, wolf dogs, and some others. Make around 10-20 smokers (try to do best ql you can) and find some good smoking recipes on the cookbook (they are same as last world), i would recommend smoking for lowest hunger for starters. Unsmoked sausage is very much trash. There are also wolfs meat-in-jellies which are around 40-50 fep so pretty decent for a while and should also be better due to hql water.

-Once these things fall off it starts getting a little bit tough, the main way to grind str from here is orca meatpies (which are buffed HEAVILY by the boosted hql water) and pork bollock autumn steaks (at some point you can start adding driftkelp to them), but you can just aswell go with the route of just combining previous tier foods and eating 2-3 of them to get one stat, once your table is good enough it's really not that big of a deal to eat a panseared fish (can also be boosted by driftkelp if needed) and combine it with some smoked sausage and perhaps finishing off with a dried cave angler (It's VERY good).

-After that falls off you basically need cheese, driftkelp autumn steaks, truffled/peppered foods, or the aformentioned orca meatpies with the hql water or just mashing tons of subpar food.

Worth mentioning is that the VERY hql water we have now might enable some other early game baked goods that should be decent for str but i haven't tested those since i didn't grind stats after that change so you should check them out. And I can't stress enough how important it is to have as good of a table symbel as you possibly can, it really changes the way you can go about grinding stats. Once you reach gold symbels you basically don't need to worry about hunger.
It's worth noting that some recipes require specific spice/salad greens/etc. to actually give optimal amount of feps but having to post them all in the forum post would make it very much too long, if you are interested in specific recipes i'd be happy to provide some on the discord server, and i'm sure other people have their own recipes i'm forgetting about.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby Codemanny » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:59 pm

Dawidio123 wrote:
Codemanny wrote:What is the most practical way to start power levelling my strength?

Well right now there are many different ways to go about it and it all depends on your current stats but i will assume they are below 100, thus i will explain the progression as you would do it since week 1 (you can skip ahead if you can get stuff that i mention later AND you have a good table), but i would like to emphasize that it's a VERY good idea to make a mining alt and get the appropiate credos on it (quarryman+miner), this will allow you to focus purely on str on that char (give him some consti and int too, it's a good idea, trust me) and you will need lots of lp for masonry, some uac to defend yourself and skills like deep artifice+credos:

-My go to for start is spitroasted meat and spitroasted fish (as was previously mentioned) either boar or bear for meats, and as for fish there is not really a simple solution, usually sturgeons, pikes, mullets, perches are good ones while getting you other useful stats. There are also nut roasts which afaik are not that bad. You can probably get to around 80+ str or so just on that without an excessive grind.

-Once you get to -2 you will unlock MANY new options, first of all find lakes/rivers on -2 (or deeper) and scout them for cave anglers regularly, they are a GREAT source of str, either spitroasted, dried, or made into panseared fish. You could probably grind to 400 just on anglers without too much issue. But, you don't only get this, you also get access to meat grinder which allows you to craft a plethora of sausages that give good feps for str, ie. big bear bangers, elk dogs, wolf dogs, and some others. Make around 10-20 smokers (try to do best ql you can) and find some good smoking recipes on the cookbook (they are same as last world), i would recommend smoking for lowest hunger for starters. Unsmoked sausage is very much trash. There are also wolfs meat-in-jellies which are around 40-50 fep so pretty decent for a while and should also be better due to hql water.

-Once these things fall off it starts getting a little bit tough, the main way to grind str from here is orca meatpies (which are buffed HEAVILY by the boosted hql water) and pork bollock autumn steaks (at some point you can start adding driftkelp to them), but you can just aswell go with the route of just combining previous tier foods and eating 2-3 of them to get one stat, once your table is good enough it's really not that big of a deal to eat a panseared fish (can also be boosted by driftkelp if needed) and combine it with some smoked sausage and perhaps finishing off with a dried cave angler (It's VERY good).

-After that falls off you basically need cheese, driftkelp autumn steaks, truffled/peppered foods, or the aformentioned orca meatpies with the hql water or just mashing tons of subpar food.

Worth mentioning is that the VERY hql water we have now might enable some other early game baked goods that should be decent for str but i haven't tested those since i didn't grind stats after that change so you should check them out. And I can't stress enough how important it is to have as good of a table symbel as you possibly can, it really changes the way you can go about grinding stats. Once you reach gold symbels you basically don't need to worry about hunger.
It's worth noting that some recipes require specific spice/salad greens/etc. to actually give optimal amount of feps but having to post them all in the forum post would make it very much too long, if you are interested in specific recipes i'd be happy to provide some on the discord server, and i'm sure other people have their own recipes i'm forgetting about.

Holy moly thank you for this. Priceless
Codemanny

Postby The_Lich_King » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:19 am

I have a mouflon blocking something of some importance. It is in the taming process and i can't shoo it. Is there any mechanic in the game for moving mouflon, since they cannot be shoo'd?
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Dawidio123 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:24 am

The_Lich_King wrote:I have a mouflon blocking something of some importance. It is in the taming process and i can't shoo it. Is there any mechanic in the game for moving mouflon, since they cannot be shoo'd?

Can't you rope it and move it that way? Unsure if that affects taming but i don't think so.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dawidio123

Postby Ø » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:21 am

What does Memories of Pain actually do?
Search results no conclusive data. There is only speculation.

I fucked up and put "infected" bone marrow in all of my feeding troughs while rushing to make sure my farm stayed fed to prevent another bout of Memories of Pain... The irony is almost amusing. Is my farm fucked?
Ø

Postby Dawidio123 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:33 pm

Ø wrote:What does Memories of Pain actually do?
Search results no conclusive data. There is only speculation.

I fucked up and put "infected" bone marrow in all of my feeding troughs while rushing to make sure my farm stayed fed to prevent another bout of Memories of Pain... The irony is almost amusing. Is my farm fucked?

It doesn't do anything afaik, at least nothing significant enough for ANYONE to notice so i wouldn't worry about it. It's just funny thing to see different stuff with it thus indicating how long of a road it had to be from a spinning wheel into whatever else you see with it.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dawidio123

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?