Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby DoctorCookie » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:17 pm

NickRom0 wrote:Good day. Two questions:

1) Is it possible to repair the armor? The "repair" button does not work. Or is all the armor disposable? I just don’t want it to end during the fight, as happened during the last fight with a tamed horse.
2) Whom to tame after sheep? Considering that I can’t break through the armor of the boar yet. (There damage should be more than 60, if you count 30 animal armor and 50 open gap)

The repair button is for certain movable objects like boats or plows. You can also repair your palisade.
DoctorCookie

Postby VDZ » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:40 pm

Sevenless wrote:I'm not 100% certain on this, but roughly this is the distribution:

L1: cass + leadglance
L2: L1+ wine glance (copper)
L3: L2 + coal + galena
L4: L3 + heavy earth + chalco + iron ochre (very rare)

Heavy Earth is found on layer 3.
VDZ

Postby NickRom0 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:16 pm

Sorry if I'm tired of my questions))

Here's another one - i explored copper deposits. It remains only to accumulate materials on the minehole and go down to l-2. But how to secure the entrance? Obviously, the claim + palisade + gate is locked. But how do you open them? Move the main keyholder there? Or will ordinary guest gates without locks suffice? Will the guest's buff prevent minehole from being used?
NickRom0

Postby Sevenless » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:43 am

NickRom0 wrote:Sorry if I'm tired of my questions))

Here's another one - i explored copper deposits. It remains only to accumulate materials on the minehole and go down to l-2. But how to secure the entrance? Obviously, the claim + palisade + gate is locked. But how do you open them? Move the main keyholder there? Or will ordinary guest gates without locks suffice? Will the guest's buff prevent minehole from being used?

Visitor gate debuff + claim prevents going down a minehole. It used to interact weirdly with caves, not sure if it still does. Tested it this world to double check for the minehole interaction.

Vgate box on each level around ladder and hole, and a separate Vgate box around the next minehole down.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby NickRom0 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:59 pm

Odynak wrote:
NickRom0 wrote:the cave floor needs to be fired and cracked to dig a minehols

What? What is meant? How can a floor be burned and broken?

Build a mine pyre and burn it.

I do not understand. I have already burned three fires. But the message still appears. At what point in time will the build option become available? The fire burns for 2 hours. How much time is given after it burns out?
NickRom0

Postby Valgar » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:15 pm

Are we ok you're burning a Mine Pyre and not a simple campfire ?
The Mine Pyre will burn for 24h.

Discovering items : Wooden block, Sand
Valgar

Postby NickRom0 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:06 pm

Valgar wrote:Are we ok you're burning a Mine Pyre and not a simple campfire ?
The Mine Pyre will burn for 24h.

Discovering items : Wooden block, Sand

Yes, you are right. Indeed, a special fire is needed there. It is a pity that Wikipedia does not have a word about it. A strange situation, when there were 50 people online, Wikipedia developed much more actively than now, when there are a thousand players online. And with the new forging mechanics, with molds for pouring metal, can anyone tell me? How to pour tin there. Or whatever the recipe calls for. Not at all clear
NickRom0

Postby VDZ » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:01 pm

Sevenless wrote:Visitor gate debuff + claim prevents going down a minehole. It used to interact weirdly with caves, not sure if it still does. Tested it this world to double check for the minehole interaction.

Are you 100% sure this is not possible, not even as a crime with the Trespassing skill and criminal acts enabled?
VDZ

Postby vatas » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:20 am

w12 some of our cave stuff got rekt because we only had visitor gated it from the surface, someone was able to enter through multiple visitor gates (we happened to have been careless and had all the fences, supposed to prevent this, open.) And use the entrance to cave that was claimed but had no gates so the hostile player was able to start smashing our stuff.

Seems the logic is that Cave Entrance, even when covered by a claim, is considered "public property" that can't be "owned". benefit of this arrangement is that if you enter a cave and turns out it's claimed, you can just go back without being told that it would be a crime.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby NickRom0 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:34 pm

Good luck to everyone in the game. Question - are there veins of ore that are one tile thick and eight long? This is so much work for THIS? Finding ore with scouting with a rustroot, burning a mining fire for a whole day, building a minehole and a palisade with four gates --- and all this for the sake of eight tiles of ore copper ???
NickRom0

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?