Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Asgaroth22 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:44 pm

Miss_Min wrote:
burnemall wrote:Do Cave Clay puddles and Dust piles on cave floors respawn? Is there a difference for Cave Clay spawning in shallow cave water pools?

The cave clay puddles and dust piles do not respawn. The cave clay that spawns in shallow water (and maybe still on cave floors sometimes? I haven't seen it yet this world but I'm not often in big caves), the kind that shows up on the minimap, that is a normal foragable and it respawns.

Can confirm that cave clay spawns on cave floors, altbeit rarely
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby Zepar72 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:34 am

What Q of snekkja is faster than a walrus?
Zepar72

Postby vatas » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:38 am

Zepar72 wrote:What Q of snekkja is faster than a walrus?

All Snekkja have same speed now. Quality increases the hitpoint pool instead. This indirectly increases the amount of HP restored per Tarsticks as they repair set percentage.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Zepar72 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:41 pm

vatas wrote:
Zepar72 wrote:What Q of snekkja is faster than a walrus?

All Snekkja have same speed now. Quality increases the hitpoint pool instead. This indirectly increases the amount of HP restored per Tarsticks as they repair set percentage.

Whaaaat?! So now when i travel shallow water with snekkja, no other snekkja of higher Q can just swim to me and b12 me to death?! Lovely news.
So follow up question - is snekkja faster than a walrus?
Zepar72

Postby Hesufo » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:24 am

What is the formula for branch Q when splitting blocks? I just used a q250 axe on a q10 block and it gave me a q50 branch. Is it more weighted towards the block Q? The wiki formula is wrong, then?
Hesufo

Postby DoctorCookie » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:02 am

Hesufo wrote:What is the formula for branch Q when splitting blocks? I just used a q250 axe on a q10 block and it gave me a q50 branch. Is it more weighted towards the block Q? The wiki formula is wrong, then?

The square root of 2500 is 50, just as the wiki formula says.
DoctorCookie

Postby Hesufo » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:30 am

DoctorCookie wrote:
Hesufo wrote:What is the formula for branch Q when splitting blocks? I just used a q250 axe on a q10 block and it gave me a q50 branch. Is it more weighted towards the block Q? The wiki formula is wrong, then?

The square root of 2500 is 50, just as the wiki formula says.

Thanks. I feel dumb now. Good thing I went for humanities
Hesufo

Postby Asgaroth22 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:38 am

Zepar72 wrote:So follow up question - is snekkja faster than a walrus?

As with all animals, walruses have variable speed. I outran one of them on a snekkja (barely), another caught up to me easily.
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby Audiosmurf » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:44 pm

Did we figure out if reeds respawn yet
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Zao » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:45 pm

Can anyone give me a rough estimate of how long it takes to heal bum burn? Didn't even realize pepper did it and I racked up about 140 points. Ugh.
Zao

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?