Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby DoctorCookie » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:59 pm

UnManism wrote:Do ice from lakes is only 10q? Or i just suck at searching.

Depends on water quality which depends on survival stat.
DoctorCookie

Postby UnManism » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:46 am

DoctorCookie wrote:

No? I have lake nearby with 42q water, and ice from that lake is 10q
UnManism

Postby DoctorCookie » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:01 pm

UnManism wrote:
DoctorCookie wrote:

No? I have lake nearby with 42q water, and ice from that lake is 10q

I stand corrected and can you tell me where this lake is?
DoctorCookie

Postby Wunsz » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:08 pm

can someone please help me out?
i cannot stand the sound notification when any player known to me logs in and out, but i do not want to mute everything out - just this one notification. is there any option to do so?
i use ender
Wunsz

Postby Raptorstorm » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:53 pm

How high can adder bites stack over time? Currently have two and am wondering if I have a chance of survival or if I should just prepare for death.
Raptorstorm

Postby Sevenless » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:43 pm

Raptorstorm wrote:How high can adder bites stack over time? Currently have two and am wondering if I have a chance of survival or if I should just prepare for death.

They can go as high as 50-60ish before healing away.

If you're in an adder biome (the black forests with adders everywhere) make a sling, aggro them from a boat and sling them to death with the re-aggro trick (rapidly peace/aggro to get them to come back). That will let you make snake juice from the fangs, which also requires salt water and a sweetener + first aid skill.

Overall, unless you've got a lot of other wounds, any amount of + con should let you survive those easily. If you do have other wounds, but have con food, consider chowing down to buff your con up. Either way best to avoid any activities that would wound you to keep your HHP up.

Goes without saying if you live in a pvp dangerous area and get downed by PvP the adder bites would probably finish you off.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Blueberry » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:53 pm

What does each spice add? I know juniper adds int, chives adds agi, and kvann adds per, but what about the other six?
berry nice to see you
Blueberry

Postby Sevenless » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:32 pm

Blueberry wrote:What does each spice add? I know juniper adds int, chives adds agi, and kvann adds per, but what about the other six?

chive adds agi, juniper/laurel/ambergriss/dill/thyme/pepper boost random stats with some rough pattern, kvann usually rolls the value of stats around between the stat types.

Chives are the only ones with extremely predictable results, and are usually just bad because it's only agi1.

https://food.hearthlands.net/

This is a collection of foods created this world, data harvested from people using the purus pasta client. Feel free to look around and see what the spices do.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Laborman5 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:24 am

How do I optimally space crops of the same type so they count as different qualities?

I want to make a bunch of small farm plots of the same crop type, like a multiple 3x3 carrot plots, for quality gain, but unsure if a single paved tile separating each plot is enough to make them different groups. Seems like either the time the crop was planted or extreme distances makes crop quality vary. Looking to get rid of that variance but keep a high amount of crops growing AND get more crop quality rolls going all at once.

Also since I am here does anyone have more info on hidden farm speed spots? Like how many tiles they usually effect, if it is all the same speed bonus or if it focuses on a center tile, rarity of them, etc.
Laborman5

Postby lordgrunt » Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:19 am

What you are looking for is not spacing in actual grid like space but in time. Plant your crops in 3 stages, each separated by 1-2 hours IRL. Timing is preety much up to you, some ppl will argue 4h is optimal, but ive been doing 1h breaks and it usually results in 3 different qualities.
Whether those stages are planted directly next to each other doesnt matter.
lordgrunt

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?