Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Executioner » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:51 pm

vatas wrote:https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Category:Spitroast_Fish

The fact that spitroasted fish is A) only 0.5 units of hunger B) gets sizzling buff if eaten soon after cooked C) contains INT from half of all the fish makes it superb early game food. If you're like me, you may actually run into the problem where spitroast fish is TOO good and eating it feels like a waste due to half of the FEPs gained overflowing into the void.

Note that spitroasting does have some drawbacks:
*No discoveries from filets
*No Fishy Eyeballs
*No roe
*While roast filets of fish have base 1.0 units of hunger, they tend to not give not as many different attributes, and many are purely INT.

INT is the best/least worst attribute to grow ahead of all others because being able to Study more/heavier Curiosities will be crucial and should help you make better foods that will help fixing the balance later.

In case you're not aware, prioritise building a https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Study_Desk to automatically refill curiosities, even while offline. At this point of the game, depending on the area you live on, one of the easier ways of collecting bones can be to wonder around forests and look for animal carcass/skeleton killed and left behind by other players. (People commonly kill animals solely for the Combat Move and LP rewards, and/or abandon low quality animals due to limiten capacity to haul carcass back to base.)

Ive got 1 of those and that was my experience with spitroast fish too and dried fish. Ive yet to discover these so called OP late game recipes- the baked goods especially seem quite mediocre. I've found some random meat recipes which are OK but nothing amazing.
Executioner

Postby ascote » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:57 am

The OP items are the cheese, the baked goods are endgame because you can raise the level up to +5 by every harvest. Farming and ranching are activities you can level up your produce steadily, which makes them endgame friendly. Yet to find a lvl 60 fish, and yet new windsown seeds are already higher than that.
ascote

Postby vatas » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:36 am

At low quality, many baked goods are indeed bad, to the point of potential noob trap, due to high base hunger. They're balanced around the idea that their quality eventually inflates massively as quality of crops, ovens, and available fuel rises.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby bettandur » Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:51 pm

I like to smoke meat, sausages etc. Its fairly labor intensive so i don't do it often.
bettandur

Postby ascote » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:53 am

What can you do with Lava?
ascote

Postby vatas » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:31 am

ascote wrote:What can you do with Lava?

You can use it as fuel. Putting it in barrel makes it cool down into "lava rock."
https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Miniature_Volcano
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby pawnchito » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:43 pm

can you drop vbuff by going from Pclaim to Vclaim?
pawnchito

Postby mulamishne » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:28 pm

pawnchito wrote:can you drop vbuff by going from Pclaim to Vclaim?

Yes, kinda, you'll want a continuous claim of either over your entire base.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby pawnchito » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:44 am

mulamishne wrote:
pawnchito wrote:can you drop vbuff by going from Pclaim to Vclaim?

Yes, kinda, you'll want a continuous claim of either over your entire base.

i dont think this is true. you must have vclaim over all. I was able to enter a claim through a gate covered only by a village claim and dropped the visitor buff when i stepped onto a personal claim (owned by the lawspear of the village) not covered by the village claim. the personal claim has authority.

Is this intended?
pawnchito

Postby Dawidio123 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:42 pm

vatas wrote:At low quality, many baked goods are indeed bad, to the point of potential noob trap, due to high base hunger. They're balanced around the idea that their quality eventually inflates massively as quality of crops, ovens, and available fuel rises.

Tbh they are balanced around W10 qualities which are not realistic. There are VERY few decent baked goods recipes and overall they need a buff, perhaps just more base feps and/or less hunger.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?