When was the last Reset?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

When was the last Reset?

Postby Ramki » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:10 pm

I been a long time fan of the game and have been wanting to come back and play. I managed to find a small crew of people interested in playing this game. Before I get stuff set in stone I would like to know when the last reset happened. I would hate to repeat the tragedy of gathering people together and 2 weeks later have the world reset. (Which happened before waaaay back in 2016 when the world spawn was in the middle of the map. 12 hours of walking with 6 other people for that.)
Ramki

Re: When was the last Reset?

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:53 pm

The most recent world announcement is always stickied. Just so you don't have to look, it was May 2021. There's been some recent discussion in the "new world" thread about this.

I'll say that new players will need a bit of time to learn the oddities of learn the mechanics, so a few weeks in this world might not hurt. There's also been a lot of changes since w10. Just watch out for the bands of marauders.

Welcome back to the forums!
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:57 pm

Ramki wrote:I been a long time fan of the game and have been wanting to come back and play. I managed to find a small crew of people interested in playing this game. Before I get stuff set in stone I would like to know when the last reset happened. I would hate to repeat the tragedy of gathering people together and 2 weeks later have the world reset. (Which happened before waaaay back in 2016 when the world spawn was in the middle of the map. 12 hours of walking with 6 other people for that.)

You'll be happy to know you can spawn new characters onto yourself this world so only one person needs to find a spot to live.

Most vets I talk to don't expect a reset for another couple months at the earliest, but I personally suspect the reset will be timed with some new feature being completed so it could be later or earlier depending on that.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Ramki » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:58 pm

Sevenless wrote:
Ramki wrote:I been a long time fan of the game and have been wanting to come back and play. I managed to find a small crew of people interested in playing this game. Before I get stuff set in stone I would like to know when the last reset happened. I would hate to repeat the tragedy of gathering people together and 2 weeks later have the world reset. (Which happened before waaaay back in 2016 when the world spawn was in the middle of the map. 12 hours of walking with 6 other people for that.)

You'll be happy to know you can spawn new characters onto yourself this world so only one person needs to find a spot to live.

Most vets I talk to don't expect a reset for another couple months at the earliest, but I personally suspect the reset will be timed with some new feature being completed so it could be later or earlier depending on that.

Ah cool. Before I would just scout out a spot solo and then build that torch are allowed people to spawn next to you. I'll have to download and mess around with the game. It's been about 3 years since I last I played.
Ramki

Return to How do I?