Curing Bum Burn through Elixirs

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Curing Bum Burn through Elixirs

Postby Joshk80k » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:59 pm

I play this game with my mom, and this world we decided she would be responsible for mining. We have gotten to the point where she needs peppered sausages to gain STR, but she went a bit overboard and ended up with 130 HHP in bum burns - this happened on Sunday of this week.

After a few days, it was only like 123 or something, so I decided to try my hand at alchemy to try and solve it. I managed to make a potion that heals bum burn and gives a blistering headache, so she took it, and then I gave her a second potion that cures blistering headache but gives chills and nausea, which isn't a big deal because that heals pretty quick. Anyhow, the second potion has already done its work, curing the blistering headache, and the chills and nausea have since healed, but the bum burn and the elixir that is supposed to be healing her scorched tooshie doesn't appear to be doing anything at all. She took the elixirs on Wednesday, where the bum burn was at 119 and the potion was supposed to heal 51 bum burn. This is what her wound menu looks like now:

Am I doing something wrong here? When I cured the blistering headache, the "medicinal elixir" healing buff attached below the blistering headache similar to what I am seeing in the image, but it cured within a day compared to this process. Now that the other wounds have fallen off, I want to give her another elixir but if it's not going to actually do anything, I don't know if I should bother.
Joshk80k

Re: Curing Bum Burn through Elixirs

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:21 pm

If medicial elixir started at 51 and has gone down to 49, it's healed 2 points of bum burn. The slow healing rate is intended.
DDDsDD999

Postby Joshk80k » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:30 pm

Yikes, okay, thanks - it seems like it basically heals at the same rate as if I didn't do anything at all.
Joshk80k

Postby shubla » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:43 pm

Slow healing rate of elixirs is something that has been complained about. I'm not sure if its the same for all or if there is hidden value which determines the speed.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Joshk80k » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:04 pm

There must be a variability in healing rate, I gave her an elixir that healed 21 blistering headache and it healed within 8 hours, but the bum burn one basically hasn't changed. I could maybe believe that it's causing the bum burn to heal like 30% quicker or something, but a 30% increase on 2ish HHP healed per day isn't very significant.
Joshk80k

Postby Tammer » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:58 am

Here's the announcement thread which explains a bit about why they nerfed some alchemy wound healing:
http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=69104
Tammer

Postby AriZona » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:01 pm

The healing rate I think is way too slow for some of wounds, like bum burn. Considering very expensive investment with time/effort and resources to discover properties of randomized properties in materials, elixirs should be more efficient. But I think this all topic is in a wrong thread.
AriZona

Return to How do I?