Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP)

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP)

Postby DonVelD » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:46 pm

NatalieKennedy wrote:You don't need to understand this section

This is a guide.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby telum12 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:20 pm

NatalieKennedy wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:PVE

You don't need to understand this section

Right, because PvE is not a prerequisite for PvP since we all start with full decks.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:22 pm

It's either a bot or a sprucecap, who cares what they say lmao
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby claumax » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:10 am

Sorry if this is a dumb question since I'm new, but should I bother at all with UA? It seems it would be enough to simply rush a good metal weapon and then get MC, instead I use UA for creating openings and then use chop so I can cleave trough the armor that the stronger animals have. Is this optimal or should I stop investing into UA?
claumax

Postby telum12 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:24 am

claumax wrote:Sorry if this is a dumb question since I'm new, but should I bother at all with UA? It seems it would be enough to simply rush a good metal weapon and then get MC, instead I use UA for creating openings and then use chop so I can cleave trough the armor that the stronger animals have. Is this optimal or should I stop investing into UA?

If you are new going for MC is probably a better move. Since damage does not scale with UA/MC, UA people generally use a b12 to do a lot of damage with cleaves after opening with UA moves. MC is much more forgiving in terms of skill because you can use Shield's Up, which gives you a lot of defense in the opening formula. However, most MC moves are locked behind killing animals, so you might want 10-20 UA regardless.

It should also be noted that everyone hunts with MC, since you can safespot animals on a boat with a sword or spear.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby pawnchito » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:37 am

This is a good guide. You going back to your normal avatar is also nice.
pawnchito

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:03 pm

claumax wrote:Sorry if this is a dumb question since I'm new, but should I bother at all with UA? It seems it would be enough to simply rush a good metal weapon and then get MC, instead I use UA for creating openings and then use chop so I can cleave trough the armor that the stronger animals have. Is this optimal or should I stop investing into UA?

Seconding MC for beginners and/or non-pvpers. It's not useless in pvp by any means, it's simpler than UA, and it gives you nice "my stats suck but I want to be relevant" option of shield up that can help you from getting doubled (if their attack weight is more than x2 your defense weight bad things happen).
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:11 pm

Sevenless wrote:if their attack weight is more than x2 your defense weight bad things happen).

The equalization formula doesn't care about the weight of attacks/defenses, just stats
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:19 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
Sevenless wrote:if their attack weight is more than x2 your defense weight bad things happen).

The equalization formula doesn't care about the weight of attacks/defenses, just stats

Oh, I see what you mean.

Shields up: MC * 2.5 * μ

Doesn't actually change your ratio (μ is determined by the stat ratio of attack vs defense stats), but it does change the effective result. Meaning shields up makes you tankier in all scenarios, not just the doubling/doubled ones.

Thanks for clarifying.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby claumax » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:25 am

Thanks for everyone's input, as a follow up question, what move set do you guys recommend for MC?
claumax

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?