I have no GPU and I must seethe

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

I have no GPU and I must seethe

Postby supertango » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:13 pm

So, I'm stuck on a raspberry pi4 till monday since my main pee sea lost it's power supply this morning. I've just been trying to run the jar file, it launches but then tells me my GPU is too old (I have no GPU). I assume there's a way to launch the game as such that it disables more intensive graphical features and accepts whatever this thing has for integrated graphics? But I'm gormless, totally devoid of wit and calculational aptitude and don't know how. Send help please
:|
supertango

Re: I have no GPU and I must seethe

Postby telum12 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:19 pm

Raspberry pies have a GPU. That GPU is too old, its drivers are too old, to run the game.

I don't know anything about the raspberry pie GPU. The hardware might not even be able to run OpenGL 3, which is what Haven runs iirc
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby shubla » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:33 pm

Not enough power in raspberry pi sorry.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:14 pm

Beats me on anything specific. I did run across more than a few articles by googling "raspberry pi 4 graphics support" on enabling more up-to-date graphics card support. I've never worked with one, and from what I'm reading, the graphics are on performance with a PC circa DX 8-9 era (one article mentioned Quake III), which isn't even going to come close to cutting it despite advertised support for OpenGL 3.1.

Only thing I can suggest is checking out available graphics drivers and seeing if there's an update. If you have a complete error message, it might help in troubleshooting the problem.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to How do I?