How to make the client work — Common Issues

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

How to make the client work — Common Issues

Postby telum12 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:21 pm

This is a WIP, more will be added as we go...

Client choice
The general consensus is that the default client is bad. There are very few alternatives, because the render rewrite deprecated all of the old clients (though they're still technically playable, they're not really maintained and you'll probably have to know how to fix the code to play them).

Ender's client is currently the best available public client: https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=40754

There is one other client, Purus Pasta, developed by Shubla. There are some concerns about it forcing you to upload location/map/hat data to Shubla's servers and a general lack of maintenance.

Java
It is recommended that you use Java 11, which can be found here: https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase/jdk11-archive-downloads.html

Java 8 is the officially recommended version afaik, but I know of a few issues that Java 11 have fixed for users.

MacOS
There are some issues for MacOS users on modern OS versions. There is no known solution to this from the devs or the community.
Last edited by telum12 on Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Re: How to make the client work -- Common Issues

PLACEHOLDER

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

telum12

Re: How to make the client work -- Common Issues

PLACEHOLDER2

telum12

Return to How do I?