How do credo quests generate?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

How do credo quests generate?

Postby Alince » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:08 am

I kinda wondered how the Credo quests are being generated lately since I got stuck in a season where the credo quest gives me item quests that dont even spawn that season,
do the quests generate from a full pool of existing items? or items just for that season specifically?

this situation kinda hard locks me from taking credos to make new items like bone clay for example, is there a work around?
Alince

Re: How do credo quests generate?

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:54 am

Credo quests are based on cancer RNG

If the quest is impossible to do, abandon it and try another one.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby vatas » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:17 am

For example, "morels" only spawn during autumn.

You shouldn't get "pick morels" -quest during summer, but you can get "eat dried/parboiled morels" with the logic that you should have morels saved up from previous autumn(s).

When it was pointed out to Jorb that you can get the aforementioned morels quest during start of the world, when there has been zero autumns, his response was something along the lines of "deal with it."
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby MadNomad » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:23 am

an issue that already has been there for some time, and still remains

arguably credos should be hard, because you need to be special to proudly call yourself the type of person described in the credo you have chosen, I wouldn't even be surprised if this is the dev stance on this
MadNomad

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:57 am

MadNomad wrote:arguably credos should be hard, because you need to be special to proudly call yourself the type of person described in the credo you have chosen, I wouldn't even be surprised if this is the dev stance on this

This world I completed nomad, mystic and cave hermit without abandoning a single quest, not because I'm some god-level gamer, but because the RNG was really good for me lmao

I can proudly call myself lucky
Nightdawg

Postby Zorgal » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:58 am

Nightdawg wrote:Credo quests are based on cancer RNG

Is there a cooldown on abandoning and getting a new quest? I've been stuck on one of the Hunter quests that wants me to eat spitroasted beaver, and I've been unable to find one for about a week. But I was hesitant to abandon the quest since I was afraid it might reset my progress.
Zorgal

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:09 am

Zorgal wrote:Is there a cooldown on abandoning and getting a new quest? I've been stuck on one of the Hunter quests that wants me to eat spitroasted beaver, and I've been unable to find one for about a week. But I was hesitant to abandon the quest since I was afraid it might reset my progress.

When you abandon a credo quest, your current credo progress goes down by 1 quest
I think the only cooldown you get is if you abandon one while you're at the first level and quest of the credo
Nightdawg

Postby vatas » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:10 am

Zorgal wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:Credo quests are based on cancer RNG

Is there a cooldown on abandoning and getting a new quest? I've been stuck on one of the Hunter quests that wants me to eat spitroasted beaver, and I've been unable to find one for about a week. But I was hesitant to abandon the quest since I was afraid it might reset my progress.

You immediately lose one completed quest and immediately gain a new quest.

Beavers are nocturnal like in real life, they only spawn during in-game night.

EDIT: since this post is visible due to bot bump, I have to add mention that I've since heard multiple reports about beavers spawning during the day. They could still be more common during nighttime and dawn/dusk.

Your best option is to figure out a route you can take with a boat that goes through as many different lakes as possible. Beavers only spawn in lakes.

If you want to apply a custom alert sound to beavers (all up-to-date clients should have this feature since it was surprisingly made part of the Default) here's a soundbyte I made for this purpose:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... erAVGN.wav
Last edited by vatas on Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Return to How do I?