Learning the basics of PVP will save your life

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Learning the basics of PVP will save your life

Postby ZamAlex » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:24 pm

Clemins wrote:
ZamAlex wrote:I think everyone just wants the game to be FUN, not EASY.

I get that, but do you find every aspect of your "favorite game" fun? There something in haven for everyone and though this might not be a feature you enjoy, many others do.

Just like my example my distaste for farming and animals, I dont like it, but I do it not because its fun, but because its an unavoidable part of the game.

I fully agree with you. I just mean that the game first of all needs changes that will make it more fun, by reducing the time that people spend on boring things. For example, moving a million cheese racks every day is very time consuming, and I was glad that their quality was now not affected and I could just quickly rearrange the trays and do the fun aspects of the game kill hermits.
ZamAlex

Postby DonVelD » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:23 pm

Zorgal wrote:Honestly, at the very least you should TRY to get away. The attitude of "You're dead anyway" is completely wrong. I have next to know practical experience in PvP and I've gotten away from 2 chases so far (Technically 3, but I killed myself accidentally via yarrow after hearthing). You can pre-prep dugouts in areas you frequently forage in and then run for those if somebody aggros you (Which is smart either way even for those instances where you accidentally aggro a bear or something), which make for easy get-aways and effectively cost you nothing except 2 minutes of time to set up.

And even if you do die, particularly as a sprucecap: So what? Nothing you owned can't be replaced with just a token bit of effort. Slap some curios into your inventory and take a break for a day or two, you will literally come back to having more LP than you lost dying. Everything else you can replace at a steady pace with some patience, it's part of the experience. If you start malding because your 20 PER 15 EXP character died you shouldn't have started playing in the first place.

Also: I know it's a meme for some that the game, apparently, mostly consists of people who eat 3 salted sprucecaps for breakfast each morning. But I honestly never got that impression. For every hearthling that randomly attacks you for the lulz there is usually one that will happily trade or even just give you stuff. It's been true almost 10 years ago when I last played, and still holds true now (Although this world is quite old, to be fair). The game removing PvP wouldn't change the fact that some people are just terrible at making friends.

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said there. Even those that attack you for fun may just leave you alone or trade if you're a nice dude.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby MadNomad » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:57 pm

oh, also don't forget to grab some efficient energy/hunger food for the run-away trips, I forgot to mention this :!:

one thing is preparing and another foreseeing that you should prepare because someone will attack you at certain time however :oops:
MadNomad

Postby Teleskop » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:08 pm

i got away from being killed one time by saying im Teleskop
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby videshekta » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:08 am

I'm not sure if your'e just trying to flex with your combat montages or actually help sprucecaps here. Do you realize that a poor sprucecap does not even have combat moves unlocked? He can barely afford a birchbark cup and does not have space in his inventory/toolbelt for 10 waterskins?

hellodear.in

teatv apk download
Last edited by videshekta on Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
videshekta

Postby Halbertz » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:32 am

videshekta wrote:I'm not sure if your'e just trying to flex with your combat montages or actually help sprucecaps here. Do you realize that a poor sprucecap does not even have combat moves unlocked? He can barely afford a birchbark cup and does not have space in his inventory/toolbelt for 10 waterskins?

And how about poor naked guys that just spawned? They don't even have birch kuksa to drink!
I CAN'T DRINK! george_floyd.jpg
Halbertz

Postby DonVelD » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:43 am

videshekta wrote:I'm not sure if your'e just trying to flex with your combat montages or actually help sprucecaps here. Do you realize that a poor sprucecap does not even have combat moves unlocked? He can barely afford a birchbark cup and does not have space in his inventory/toolbelt for 10 waterskins?

>account created 30 minutes ago
yeah i can't blame you
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:48 am

DonVelD wrote:

>account created 30 minutes ago
yeah i can't blame you

It's literally a bot that copy-pasted one phrase from shubla's reply on page 1

I wonder how long till it will post about buying cheap abibas or Burning Crusade gold
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby MadNomad » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:56 pm

how idiotic, a fresh alt made to make people laugh at a good point
MadNomad

Postby Clemins » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:03 pm

MadNomad wrote:how idiotic, a fresh alt made to make people laugh at a good point

How is it a good point? Sure when you are a brand new spawn you don't have as much of a chance as someone with water, bunny slippers, and forager credo.

But at that point what do you have to lose? Someone who has all the prerequisites to run away stands to lose more and should be able to utilize the fact that they have everything they need to get away. That's the point im trying to make.
Clemins

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?