Slaughtered animal quality

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Slaughtered animal quality

Postby Mr-Pickles » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:55 pm

For some reason my domesticated animal quality keeps getting lowered whenever i carve the meat and all that. I've got 60 dex, 20 survival, 25 cooking, and 65 farming, and i'm using a 29 axe. My animals aren't that high, my highest is only around 20 or so but they still get lowered to like 15 whenever i carve them, i don't know what stat softcaps it please help
Mr-Pickles

Re: Slaughtered animal quality

Postby xTrainx » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:05 pm

Animal quality and meat quality are different, are you sure that's as high as you think?
xTrainx

Postby ZamAlex » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:06 pm

Mr-Pickles wrote:For some reason my domesticated animal quality keeps getting lowered whenever i carve the meat and all that. I've got 60 dex, 20 survival, 25 cooking, and 65 farming, and i'm using a 29 axe. My animals aren't that high, my highest is only around 20 or so but they still get lowered to like 15 whenever i carve them, i don't know what stat softcaps it please help

https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Animal_Qualities
ZamAlex

Postby Mr-Pickles » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:25 pm

xTrainx wrote:Animal quality and meat quality are different, are you sure that's as high as you think?

I guess it could be that I wasn't paying too hard attention to it but what makes the quality go under 100? it sometimes goes to like 98 but never enough to go 5 under, what lowers the quality? my food trough are around 60 and fully encompassed my corals.

Edit: I have no idea. killed goat and qualities came out as expected, but killed a 26 calf with 100% on everything and got 20 hide (switched to a 36 stone axe). a 32 bull gave me 30 hide I don't know what i'm supposed to believe.
Mr-Pickles

Postby vatas » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:17 pm

Meat/milk/hide quality values start at 100% and fluctuate like all other non-percentage-based values the animals have, AFAIK.

They should be subject to same "use one parent's value but change it by +/-5" -determination.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Return to How do I?