Took antivenom joice got nerve damage

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Took antivenom joice got nerve damage

Postby Qeeet » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:06 am

So, I'm doing my hunter's credo, and the quest was to defeat an adder. Killing with arrows or running over with a horse didn't work.
So I had no choice but to encounter it in close fight.
Got two adder bites, immediately took antivenom juice and went sleep, all numbers applied with a juice were much higher then the bite's numbers.
Today (in about 6 hours) woke up, saw one bite had been healed and other one had 12 dmg. Immediately took another dose of a juice, healed in less then an hour, got nerve damage -1 int.
What the hell?
Qeeet

Re: Took antivenom joice got nerve damage

Postby pawnchito » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:13 am

Once adder bite heals you get a permanent injury that reduces stats, similar to quicksilver poisoning. Use the root for it to go away.
pawnchito

Postby Qeeet » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:29 am

pawnchito wrote:Once adder bite heals you get a permanent injury that reduces stats, similar to quicksilver poisoning. Use the root for it to go away.

But I have healed two adder bites before without consequences
Qeeet

Postby Clemins » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:40 am

Qeeet wrote:
pawnchito wrote:Once adder bite heals you get a permanent injury that reduces stats, similar to quicksilver poisoning. Use the root for it to go away.

But I have healed two adder bites before without consequences

Perhaps there's still a chance of getting nerve damage even after treating the bite? I've never gotten nerve damage after taking a dose of snake juice (of the maybe 2 times ever), but with how "well documented" the wiki is, this could be the case for all I know.
Clemins

Postby DonVelD » Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:37 am

No matter what there's 50/50 chance that you'll get nerve damage from adder bites after healing them.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby Qeeet » Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:36 am

DonVelD wrote:No matter what there's 50/50 chance that you'll get nerve damage from adder bites after healing them.

Thank you, got it.
I think -1int is quite punishing for beginners or such hermits as me. I've never seen the root tree since two month ago, its not very common as i.e. pit clay.
Qeeet

Postby Sevenless » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:02 pm

Qeeet wrote:
DonVelD wrote:No matter what there's 50/50 chance that you'll get nerve damage from adder bites after healing them.

Thank you, got it.
I think -1int is quite punishing for beginners or such hermits as me. I've never seen the root tree since two month ago, its not very common as i.e. pit clay.

The suggested best tactic for beginning of world (or hermits) is to overlevel your int immediately, and then use the better food those extra LP help you get to catch your other stats up. I seem to think 30 int is a good ballpark to aim for. 30>29 int wouldn't be the end of the world in that case. Something you can do now to help reduce the impact.

Overall though, the wound system being flat penalties is always most punishing to beginning characters, while developed characters can mostly ignore them.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Return to How do I?