Question RE Animal Spawning Mechanics

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Question RE Animal Spawning Mechanics

Postby ThorleifCleaver » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:33 pm

Question: Do animals have fixed spawn points, and do all animals share these fixed points?

For instance, would a specific node in the ocean spawn seagulls and pelicans but also cachalot, seal, etc. based on a probability range? I ask because I'm wondering if I should mark where I find critter spawns in the water to plan efficient whaling routes.
ThorleifCleaver

Re: Question RE Animal Spawning Mechanics

Postby Kearn » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:56 am

as far as i am aware any tile is capable of spawning the appropriate animals
Kearn

Postby ThorleifCleaver » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:01 pm

I thought that, too, but I've been marking the spots critters spawn in the ocean and they seem to follow very specific patterns, making me wonder if spawning is node-based. Might be pareidolia, but it has proved useful thus far.
ThorleifCleaver

Postby vatas » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:32 pm

ThorleifCleaver wrote:I thought that, too, but I've been marking the spots critters spawn in the ocean and they seem to follow very specific patterns, making me wonder if spawning is node-based. Might be pareidolia, but it has proved useful thus far.

It could be possible that there are also some sort of "quantity" nodes for animals that are randomly generated alongside quality nodes, but this is 100% speculation.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby ThorleifCleaver » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:12 pm

Trolls seem to have spawn nodes. And, like I said, the frequency of critter appearances seems to follow my markers. Thus far, the cachalots have all popped up in roughly the same area.
ThorleifCleaver

Return to How do I?