Memories of pain?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Memories of pain?

Postby Jubal_Barca » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:34 pm

I caught a fish which, when I mouse over it, has at the end of its little tooltip readout "Memories of pain"

Does anyone have any idea what this means?
Jubal_Barca

Re: Memories of pain?

Postby aikidragon » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:31 pm

Sometimes you get damaged by crafting using, for example, a spinner's wheel. Not sure to how many crafting stations it applies. Whatever you've crafted when you received the small damage amount will be marked with "Memories of pain".
Subsequent crafts using the "Memories of pain" item will also have the tooltip.
example: Yarn, which uses the spinner's wheel and can damage you for a little amount of SHP, may be turned into a fishline (Shepher's Fishline). The fishline may have the tooltip from when you've crafted it. Any fish caught with that should, in theory, get the memories of pain tooltip.

Besides being like a silly item pandemic, I don't think it affects any attributes or qualities.
aikidragon

Postby Reiber » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:25 pm

aikidragon wrote:Sometimes you get damaged by crafting using, for example, a spinner's wheel. Not sure to how many crafting stations it applies. Whatever you've crafted when you received the small damage amount will be marked with "Memories of pain".
example: Yarn, which uses the spinner's wheel and can damage you for a little amount of SHP, may be turned into a fishline (Shepher's Fishline). The fishline may have the tooltip from when you've crafted it. Any fish caught with that should, in theory, get the memories of pain tooltip.

Besides being like a silly item pandemic, I don't think it affects any attributes or qualities.

spinners weel is the only one, it spreads from the cloth>fishing pole>fodder for animals or mulch>trees>stoneaxe>ore and then everything has it, and it is impossible to get rid off, youll have too strip naked burn down your base and start a new one.
Reiber

Postby Kuriak » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:51 am

Reiber wrote:
aikidragon wrote:Sometimes you get damaged by crafting using, for example, a spinner's wheel. Not sure to how many crafting stations it applies. Whatever you've crafted when you received the small damage amount will be marked with "Memories of pain".

spinners weel is the only one, it spreads from the cloth>fishing pole>fodder for animals or mulch>trees>stoneaxe>ore and then everything has it, and it is impossible to get rid off, youll have too strip naked burn down your base and start a new one.

What a hilarious thought
Kuriak

Return to How do I?