Regarding Hemp, Flax, Grains, and Beehives

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Regarding Hemp, Flax, Grains, and Beehives

Postby Sevenless » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:39 pm

Kuriak wrote:
Sevenless wrote:
Karede wrote:I was under the impression that flax, at least, was affected by beehives. Is this false?

Oh shoot, I did the "start and end of the sentence" bullshit. I'm sorry.

Millet, Barley, Wheat, Hemp are unaffected, Flax is.

https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Bee_Skep

Eh it's my bad for including it in the thread title because I misread the wiki. Looks like I'll be focusing more on flax rather than hemp.

The main benefit of hemp is that early it snowballs way faster than flax, so you can easily plop massive fields outside your walls for your bulk cloth needs.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Whisper » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:38 pm

Sevenless wrote:The main benefit of hemp is that early it snowballs way faster than flax, so you can easily plop massive fields outside your walls for your bulk cloth needs.

I'll never understand this approach, it takes forever for hemp to grow and in this world's case my hemp has been stuck at q13 for like 5 harvests already while flax takes half the time once you got hives going so a bad harvest is not another week of waiting
Whisper

Postby Tokmich » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:18 pm

Whisper wrote:
Sevenless wrote:The main benefit of hemp is that early it snowballs way faster than flax, so you can easily plop massive fields outside your walls for your bulk cloth needs.

I'll never understand this approach, it takes forever for hemp to grow and in this world's case my hemp has been stuck at q13 for like 5 harvests already while flax takes half the time once you got hives going so a bad harvest is not another week of waiting

Isn't the growth speed of some crops still affected by their locality? Hemp grows much faster at my place than flax does, not to mention the Q rise.
Tokmich

Postby Sevenless » Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:58 pm

Tokmich wrote:
Whisper wrote:

Isn't the growth speed of some crops still affected by their locality? Hemp grows much faster at my place than flax does, not to mention the Q rise.

All crops have growth speed nodes, all trees do as well.

It makes tracking base growth times a pain.

Whisper wrote:

Flax doesn't grow twice as fast as hemp does unless there's growth nodes involved. I think it's roughly 3 days for beehived flax vs 4 days for hemp. My best hemp is Q50+, but that's trading/luck with WWWs and crop rolls. My turnips were stuck on +0 after 7 harvest cycles in a row lol.

Because hemp grows without hives it doubled twice before the flax had full hives. Start of winter I harvested about 5000 tiles of hemp, only had 1000 tiles of flax.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Previous

Return to How do I?