The Grand Alchemical Crowd Source Experiment

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: The Grand Alchemical Crowd Source Experiment

Postby Apillion » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:10 am

Can someone please please tell me what does Mineral Calcination do?
Apillion

Postby Grobble » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:06 pm

Apillion wrote:Can someone please please tell me what does Mineral Calcination do?

Miniral calcination and herbal grind take 2 ingredients and create a new one with different properties.
It's random what they will be but the same 2 input will always give the same output.
If youre lucky and do a lot of research you could discover something cool
Grobble

Postby Apillion » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:12 pm

Grobble wrote:
Apillion wrote:Can someone please please tell me what does Mineral Calcination do?

Miniral calcination and herbal grind take 2 ingredients and create a new one with different properties.
It's random what they will be but the same 2 input will always give the same output.
If youre lucky and do a lot of research you could discover something cool

Thank you..
Apillion

Postby qazedcwsx4 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:24 pm

Would it be possible to also post mineral calcination and herbal grind effects tables, similar to how raw ingredients are listed on Public W14 Alchemy Sheet?

It could for example follow the format proposed below and just occupy 2 new tabs of the sheet?

You probably have some of your own mineral calcination/herbal grind combos already researched and I'd be happy to share a (modest) collection of mine if the place to do so was provided.
Attachments
alchemy.png
alchemy.png (37.83 KiB) Viewed 1964 times
qazedcwsx4

Postby Sevenless » Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:11 am

qazedcwsx4 wrote:Would it be possible to also post mineral calcination and herbal grind effects tables, similar to how raw ingredients are listed on Public W14 Alchemy Sheet?

It could for example follow the format proposed below and just occupy 2 new tabs of the sheet?

You probably have some of your own mineral calcination/herbal grind combos already researched and I'd be happy to share a (modest) collection of mine if the place to do so was provided.

The sheer bulk of the data possible would probably best be expanded to 1 sheet per base ingredient. Aka, an entire sheet just for diabase and every mineral calc made from it.

If there's 70 minerals, that would mean 2485 different possible mineral calcs. You'll want to spread that out a bit.
Last edited by Sevenless on Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby qazedcwsx4 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:22 pm

Sevenless wrote:
qazedcwsx4 wrote:Would it be possible to also post mineral calcination and herbal grind effects tables, similar to how raw ingredients are listed on Public W14 Alchemy Sheet?

The sheer bulk of the data possible would probably best be expanded to 1 sheet per base ingredient. Aka, an entire sheet just for diabase and every mineral calc made from it.

If there's 70 minerals, that would mean 2485 different possible herbal grinds. You'll want to spread that out a bit.

Yeah, that'd also work. The way I proposed was just an idea and I'm not really attached to it. I'd just like to see a place for such data, the exact format doesn't really matter to me.
qazedcwsx4

Postby Redell » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:21 am

How does one get just the 4th property into a mixture? Or do you have to use the last 2 properties after a lye+fiery?
NaoWhut wrote:He didn't realize we can be anywhere in the world because of jorb friendship magic <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNR6oKh7-hc
Redell

Postby Redell » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:55 am

Also I've seen a few people having issues with getting nerve damage on their rot gut elixirs, which I'd like to know what causes it, but heres a clean mixture.

NaoWhut wrote:He didn't realize we can be anywhere in the world because of jorb friendship magic <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNR6oKh7-hc
Redell

Postby Luno » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:04 pm

As far as we know, It creates a BCD ingredient. A 3 property ingredient, that doesn't have property A therefore lye doesn't work on it.
2 properties are taken from 1 one the rocks, and 1 property from the other, which properties and to what order they take from each seems to be unpredictable so far, however still more predictable than herbal grinds.

Redell wrote:Also I've seen a few people having issues with getting nerve damage on their rot gut elixirs, which I'd like to know what causes it.

We don't know for sure but it seems like some ingredients are "unstable" and will present such flaws depending on the presence of some other particular ingredients OR some alchemical procedures. It's all theory, but i suggest you just try to make imperfect potions with such ingredients and see if that avoids the conversions, and if it doesn't, i guess just move to another ingredient.
Luno

Postby axus » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:16 pm

Stalagoom and Candleberry weren't giving me the expected effects from measured distillation in a mushroom decoction.

I think Liberty Caps might be keeping their hallucinogenic property after distillation, which counts against the potion being perfect.

Prrretty sure I've gotten first property from Calcination before, but since some of the "first properties" aren't correct I could be wrong here.
axus

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?