The Grand Alchemical Crowd Source Experiment

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: The Grand Alchemical Crowd Source Experiment

Postby Grobble » Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:12 am

Not sure how helpful it is but the first halfway successful potion I made was:

Herbal Grind: Cattail Fiber+Chantrelle
Ingredient: Dandelion
Result: Heal cruel incision, Heal Beesting, Cause Headache

The healing was more than the Headache (17 for both heals and 13 Headache in my case)
Grobble

Postby zeeder3 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:03 am

very based.
zeeder3

Postby late » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:18 pm

These are great recipes but "nasty incision" elixir will give maddening rash instead of dexterity with snow top and libertycap.
late

Postby Jaarl » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:45 pm

Added my findings to the Alchemy sheet. Great project!
Jaarl

Postby Austinh15 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:55 pm

late wrote:These are great recipes but "nasty incision" elixir will give maddening rash instead of dexterity with snow top and libertycap.

Apologies my man, it was supposed to be a mineral calcination between cinnabar and dolomite. Will update when I'm home from work! I'll also update the credits for all who have contributed so far!
Austinh15

Postby Sevenless » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:51 am

I'd like to throw my 2 cents in here: A lot of the elixirs I see worry way too much about perfection.

Stinging Nettle + Diabase => 10 cha, 10 pipewheeze heal, 16 rash

This elixir is incredibly good considering the ease of creation and how quickly the rash goes away. Pipewheeze is the kind of wound you can take care of at night, take a swig of this before hopping into bed and you'll be clear of all wounds in the morning. And I can pump out 40 doses of it with microscopic effort, compared to needing to make multiple preparations and possibly using mercury.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Austinh15 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:08 am

Sevenless wrote:I'd like to throw my 2 cents in here: A lot of the elixirs I see worry way too much about perfection.

This elixir is incredibly good considering the ease of creation and how quickly the rash goes away. Pipewheeze is the kind of wound you can take care of at night, take a swig of this before hopping into bed and you'll be clear of all wounds in the morning. And I can pump out 40 doses of it with microscopic effort, compared to needing to make multiple preparations and possibly using mercury.

I actually agree with this a lot. I'm most likely going to start selling quick cures like this for QS and pipewheeze fairly soon. I'll try to optimize them for cost and less wounds, but either way I need to be less hung up about this stuff. I will say that there is a burning desire to make them perfect though, just for the sake of proving you could do it.
Austinh15

Postby Sevenless » Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:57 pm

Austinh15 wrote:
Sevenless wrote:I'd like to throw my 2 cents in here: A lot of the elixirs I see worry way too much about perfection.

I actually agree with this a lot. I'm most likely going to start selling quick cures like this for QS and pipewheeze fairly soon. I'll try to optimize them for cost and less wounds, but either way I need to be less hung up about this stuff. I will say that there is a burning desire to make them perfect though, just for the sake of proving you could do it.

So long as you're only causing people rashes and chills. The wiki is wrong about aches, those are more like a 1/day heal.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Tonio » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:42 pm

Nice visualization!
Thanks!
Tonio