Pepper and bum burn?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Pepper and bum burn?

Postby ItsFunToLose » Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:40 am

Is there any way to heal bum burn? Elixirs that say they do, don't.

If I can't heal bum burn except by waiting a month, what is the point of having pepper in the game if it kills you after eating 15 pieces of food?
I like to air dribble.
ItsFunToLose

Re: Pepper and bum burn?

Postby pawnchito » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:35 am

Get a root?
pawnchito

Postby ItsFunToLose » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:45 am

pawnchito wrote:Get a root?

One root every 6 pieces of food. Spawning once every 2 weeks. Does the question mark imply that you know it's not really a solution or that you think I'm retarded for not knowing they exist?
I like to air dribble.
ItsFunToLose

Postby Redell » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:55 am

I feel like this should be in Bugs if the Elixir effect for Bum Burn isn't working.
I personally just started a test to see how long the elixir takes to heal.
I know that normally Bum Burn takes around 12 hours (give or take) to heal 1 point naturally and if it the elixir takes about the same, its pointless to have as an alchemy effect.
Maybe create a separate thread in Bugs and ill reply tomorrow after seeing how far the elixir goes.

Also I agree that pepper is AIDS and not very beneficial if you can only eat so little food before you nuke yourself to death or rape 70% of your HHP for months.
Better be on an empty continent or in a big faction if you want roots.

ItsFunToLose wrote:

One root every 6 pieces of food. Spawning once every 2 weeks. Does the question mark imply that you know it's not really a solution or that you think I'm retarded for not knowing they exist?

Also I agree on this, a root is only gonna heal so much.
NaoWhut wrote:He didn't realize we can be anywhere in the world because of jorb friendship magic <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNR6oKh7-hc
Redell

Postby ItsFunToLose » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:28 am

Redell wrote:I feel like this should be in Bugs if the Elixir effect for Bum Burn isn't working.
I personally just started a test to see how long the elixir takes to heal.
I know that normally Bum Burn takes around 12 hours (give or take) to heal 1 point naturally and if it the elixir takes about the same, its pointless to have as an alchemy effect.
Maybe create a separate thread in Bugs and ill reply tomorrow after seeing how far the elixir goes.

Also I agree that pepper is AIDS and not very beneficial if you can only eat so little food before you nuke yourself to death or rape 70% of your HHP for months.
Better be on an empty continent or in a big faction if you want roots.

ItsFunToLose wrote:

Also I agree on this, a root is only gonna heal so much.

Looking forward to your elixir testing. I've heard from multiple sources that they do not speed it up. I have not tested it myself.
I like to air dribble.
ItsFunToLose

Postby Redell » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:35 am

After 12 hours from when I first took the Elixir, the healing effect finally ticked.
It seems just healing Bum Burn is still going to take awhile and the Elixir is just there to heal 1point extra every 12 hours or so.

Imagine having to heal something like this

Thats only after 19 peppered foods.
NaoWhut wrote:He didn't realize we can be anywhere in the world because of jorb friendship magic <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNR6oKh7-hc
Redell

Postby dagrimreefah » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:43 pm

Redell wrote:Imagine having to heal something like this

Thats only after 19 peppered foods.

lmao been there done that. I tried to overcome with elixir and a few roots but after a week I couldn't stand the flame residing inside of my butthole. Wound up suiciding my character.

Here is Pastor Manning talking about bum burn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9aW5fy5HSo
dagrimreefah

Postby Sevenless » Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:39 pm

Bum burn is exponential in damage. So you're supposed to eat like 2-3 peppered foods per day kind of thing tops (I don't know the exact amount, but probably you just watch for bum burn damage ticks and only eat up to X ticks of damage). You kinda did the noob thing where a perfectly reasonable interpretation of a mechanic just utterly murdered you. Good ole haven. Should be a debuff that you have a chance to proc per food that just stops you eating peppered foods imo.

Pretty sure the elixir works, but so slowly due to the nerf that you can ignore it. Like 1pt per week or something silly.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby ItsFunToLose » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:23 am

Sevenless wrote:Bum burn is exponential in damage. So you're supposed to eat like 2-3 peppered foods per day kind of thing tops (I don't know the exact amount, but probably you just watch for bum burn damage ticks and only eat up to X ticks of damage). You kinda did the noob thing where a perfectly reasonable interpretation of a mechanic just utterly murdered you. Good ole haven. Should be a debuff that you have a chance to proc per food that just stops you eating peppered foods imo.

Pretty sure the elixir works, but so slowly due to the nerf that you can ignore it. Like 1pt per week or something silly.

elixirs work and inflation is transitory on the same cosmic scale.
I like to air dribble.
ItsFunToLose

Postby WowGain » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:41 am

ItsFunToLose wrote:what is the point of having pepper in the game if it kills you after eating 15 pieces of food?

because removing anything, even absolutely broken content, is bad according to jorb! just like disabling winter :D
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Next

Return to How do I?