Champignons quality drop

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Champignons quality drop

Postby draguslayer » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:17 pm

So, i have a plantation of champignons, divided on 3 parts. Each part for each stage - portobello, cremini and button mushrooms. Last time i gathered all 3 parts because they all will be on stage i must to gather them. I re-plant all my plantation with mushrooms of equal quality - 54. Somewhere i used portobello mushrooms, somewhere button mushrooms.
So, yesterday there was a time for button mushrooms to be harvested and re-planted. And i got q53 button mushrooms. I even inspect growing mushrooms - they were q54 and were harvested as q53. So they lowered in q after harvesting. Okay, i thinked - maybe some strange thing happened.
Today i harvested cremini mushrooms. They were planted q54 as well. And still i got q53 them after harvesting. Even though they grow 1 day longer and should be, in theory, even higher quality - they drop in quality just as button mushrooms.
I did nothing with plantation. Nothing changes in kingdom buffs for all this time as well. My character didn't died and didn't lost buffs from farmer/gardener/anything.

I literally have no idea, wth is went wrong. I'll take a look at portobello mushrooms tomorrow. As for me, it looks like some sort of bug.
draguslayer

Re: Champignons quality drop

Postby algam » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:27 pm

The crops are given an increase (decrease actually if number is below zero) in quality of -2 to +5 the moment they are planted. This is why all your crops have same quality. They were planted the same time. How long it takes until they are harvested does not influence quality.
If you want better increase you should plant multiple batches at intervals greather than 2 hours. This way you might get one with a +5 increase

More here: https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Farming
algam

Return to How do I?