Anthill dungeon

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Anthill dungeon

Postby Ailaa » Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:54 am

Can i remove an Anthill dungeon somehow?
I decided to settle next to one, but it's in the way.
Ailaa

Re: Anthill dungeon

Postby 524u » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:50 am

Nah, you have to wait until it disappears
B)
524u

Postby Ailaa » Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:28 pm

524u wrote:Nah, you have to wait until it disappears

Ohhh, how long would that take do you think? Even if it is on my claim it will despawn?
What happens if i clear the dungeon, won't it go away?
Ailaa

Postby linkfanpc » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:03 pm

They never disappear until beaten, unfortunately.

Last world i beat one pretty easy with me and 2 more guys all at around 50-70 stats (buffed) with bronze swords or spears. Shouldn't take THAT long, plus you could just ask someone else to do it and take all the rewards for themselves.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby Audiosmurf » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:06 pm

linkfanpc wrote:

They never disappear until beaten, unfortunately.

Last world i beat one pretty easy with me and 2 more guys all at around 50-70 stats (buffed) with bronze swords or spears. Shouldn't take THAT long, plus you could just ask someone else to do it and take all the rewards for themselves.

Bow+arrows can help out early on, too.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Reiber » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:23 am

Audiosmurf wrote:bow+arrows can help out early on, too.

not for ant dungeons unfortunately, half of the mobs cant even be hit by projectiles, its only somewhat usefull if you have enough people to gun down the boss,
but ultimately i would advise more strongly against using ranged weapons in dungeons the more people you are, bows suck almost more in pve than they do in pvp,

you can absolutely weasel your way through an ant dungeon solo with low stats, but you have to know how, and take your time, like REALLLY slowly,
otherwhise i would just advise you wait untill you have something like 40-50 ua or mc and at least an bronze sword or borspear,

ant dungeons do despawn even if unfinished but it takes an long ass time (multiple weeks at least) destroying everything inside them exept players and objects attached to players, so i would advise against using it for endless storage,
Reiber

Postby Audiosmurf » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:28 am

Reiber wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:bow+arrows can help out early on, too.

not for ant dungeons unfortunately, half of the mobs cant even be hit by projectiles, its only somewhat usefull if you have enough people to gun down the boss,
but ultimately i would advise more strongly against using ranged weapons in dungeons the more people you are, bows suck almost more in pve than they do in pvp

I've found that two bows + one melee allows for really really really really easy clears early in the world. Mostly it allows for non-combat statted villagers to contribute easily.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Reiber » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:04 am

Audiosmurf wrote:I've found that two bows + one melee allows for really really really really easy clears early in the world. Mostly it allows for non-combat statted villagers to contribute easily.

hm, if the melee tanks , ok, we just ran in circles and got shot in the back by our own people,

ant dungeons are also an great way of teaching people without combat oriented chars basic pve, and dungeon mechanics, maybe get them interested,
in stark contrast to the other dungeons, where they are relegated to looting squad ad best, and standing at the entrace for the buff at worst.
Reiber

Return to How do I?