Got my cornerposts sealed - any way to fix?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Got my cornerposts sealed - any way to fix?

Postby Codenum » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:59 am

I left the south edge of my palisade unclaimed by mistake before bed, and it seems someone bashed a wall and added their own gate then sealed all my cornerposts on that side. Even though the area is claimed now, there's no way around that sealing right? I'm just going to wall it off and deal with the ugly.
Codenum

Re: Got my cornerposts sealed - any way to fix?

Postby Dawidio123 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:02 am

Codenum wrote:I left the south edge of my palisade unclaimed by mistake before bed, and it seems someone bashed a wall and added their own gate then sealed all my cornerposts on that side. Even though the area is claimed now, there's no way around that sealing right? I'm just going to wall it off and deal with the ugly.

If you didn't diddle on it for too long you can bash the gate and the corners, and then just build them again starting from a segment and not a corner. But the guy will probably come again and bash it when you are sleeping so yeah, have fun, enjoy peak hnh experience where you need to protect your shit for 24h straight. At least he won't be able to build his own now so that's 10-20 minutes less work for you.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby Codenum » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:10 am

Thanks, looks like I caught it too late to bash it myself. I'm building a wall 1 block inside my border - the outer should hopefully have dried enough by not to not be bashable without sieging so the inner should have time to dry right?
Codenum

Postby Dawidio123 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:15 am

If it's under 24h you can bash it if you have enough str so do try to maximize it before giving up.

On the topic of having inner wall, if I understand you correctly, the guy has built his own gate he can enter through it and bash the inner wall.

Honestly the way to go about it is not something I'd actually recommend over just moving since it's autistic af. Build a shitton of torchposts or something at his entrance and/or spam alts to block the passage. Maybe the guy won't care enough to bother to bash it again. Or you can get allies and try to catch that guy when he tries to bash you, you don't even need rage to aggro someone when he is on your claim (And alts can punch damn well if someone else gives them some openings). Giving someone a KO or two usually makes them not want to try bashing you again the same day lol.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dawidio123

Postby Codenum » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:21 am

Dawidio123 wrote:If it's under 24h you can bash it if you have enough str so do try to maximize it before giving up.

On the topic of having inner wall, if I understand you correctly, the guy has built his own gate he can enter through it and bash the inner wall.

Ah, I get it now. Hopefully it was a crime of convenience and it now requiring vandalism is enough of a deterrent. I'll try and get my str up enough either way.

Thanks for the help!
Codenum

Postby Dawidio123 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:24 am

Oh also make sure you are using an axe when trying to bash, it's not big difference but it applies -1 to the soak of pali when bashing. If you want to learn more you can go to https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Glossary#Soak
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dawidio123

Return to How do I?