Taming questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Taming questions

Postby Vraatjuh » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:52 pm

Mortis123 wrote:Maybe someone can throw some good and fresh tips and tricks how to make it easier? I'm playing with my friend and I'm asking myself where to start taming animals. My goal are especially horses and I think it's obvious why. Some guy told me to aggro a horse using an alt and then spam punch on 4 characters (me + my alt & my friend + his alt) using alt-tab > punch > alt-tab > punch. Maybe it can work but this can be dangerous too.

I know that there are some cheesing strategy using a palisade but I don't know the details.

Cheers to all.

Just build a house and walk in/out to reduce openings when they get too high. If the animal de-aggro's you, just aggro at again and repeat.
No need to take damage this way.
Vraatjuh

Postby nevera » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:46 pm

riker88 wrote:Other issue is animals with armor like the pigs, need to have 85+ in openings to do even a few points of damage with 50 UA as the punches don't seem to penetrate.

Sheep is easy, but for pigs I've found i really need a weapon to get that HP down 250 points or so before they surrender.

you can use a stone axe as a weapon, and it will likely do (a bit) more damage than your punches. just use UA moves to increase openings first, and put a few points in MC
nevera

Postby springyb » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:52 pm

riker88 wrote:Other issue is animals with armor like the pigs, need to have 85+ in openings to do even a few points of damage with 50 UA as the punches don't seem to penetrate.

Sheep is easy, but for pigs I've found i really need a weapon to get that HP down 250 points or so before they surrender.

You can also use uppercut.
springyb

Previous

Return to How do I?