Size of village

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Size of village

Postby MadNomad » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:05 am

I remember making plans of villages like 200x200 tiles big or so in spreadsheets including underground layers and making sure that every detail is planned well but because there was never enough time I ended up making them smaller and smaller so in the end I never finished anything big because of the effort needed and ended up living in villages that were like 50x50 tiles and I never had enough space to store my stuff

and what do you think? is it a good idea to build a big well planned village or is it better to start with something small?

I also liked to live alone because it was me who planned how to build something, of course there was always some flaw that could be improved :D

or sometimes I ended up preparing this 200x200 area but then I only built like a great hall 2 cabins and some farms with animals and plants but since it took a lot of time I abandoned it and let myself have a break from the game
MadNomad

Re: Size of village

Postby Fostik » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:15 pm

Last world I built 1 minimap settlement, which were covered with second layer palisade one screen wide.
Most of industries were placed inside this one minimap, the rest were moved to outer space: animals, fodder farms, sorted stockpiles, riding horse fences near exits etc.

So the total space was something between 150x150 to 200x200, I didn't measured, it was most convenient base I ever built, it was never a problem to allocate additional space to stockpile or build something there, although I never fully used outer layer palisade space.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Re: Size of village

Postby MadNomad » Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:32 pm

Fostik wrote:I never fully used outer layer palisade space.

yeah, of course additional layers are good so that you can have visitor gates inside and plain gates outside, and a house between those layers to lose aggro so you can run away from enemy without being blocked
MadNomad

Return to How do I?